Asset Management

Asset Management

Tracks state equipment on campus, oversees Capital Equipment Inventory and monitors minor equipment on a three-year cycle.   We maintain a list of surplus property available for reuse by any university department, as well as maintain a Public Surplus Web Site for on line auctions of furniture, fixtures, and equipment open to the general public.  We also work with local public and nonprofit agencies to recycle obsolete equipment, and oversee our campus electronic recycling efforts.


Asset Management Procedures:

Relocation of Surplus & Surveyed Equipment:

Asset Management will coordinate the relocation of surveyed equipment. The requesting department may initiate the process by completing Survey Form 116.

Departments may use the Survey Form 116 to request the pickup of any other surplus or obsolete equipment/furniture even if not tagged. All pickups will be free of charge and scheduled to occur on designated "Campus Clean up Days" which will fall on the second and fourth Friday of each month. Pickup will be the responsibility of PPM's Postal and Delivery Services who will confirm all pickups.

Departments with more immediate needs to survey equipment may do so by processing a work order request with PPM Work Control Center. A charge will be imposed for those pickups that cannot wait for the designated Campus Clean up Day, but requesters must keep in mind that Survey Forms must be completed on all appropriate items. Postal and Delivery Services will call to schedule and expedite the pickup.

Looking for a form? Select a topic below:

Surplus Property / Equipment Decomissioning

Adding Equipment to the Asset Ledger

Use the following form to add equipment to the asset ledger:

Request for Equipment to be Added to the Asset Ledger

Moving or Relocating Equipment

If equipment is to be moved or relocated, an Equipment / Furniture Service Request form must be submitted so that Asset Management can properly update and track the location of University assets.

Equipment / Furniture Service Request

Take Home Equipment User Permit

Any University equipment that will be taken home or off-Campus must be permitted by filing for an "Off-Campus Home User Permit."

Off-Campus Home User Permit

Reporting Lost or Stolen Property

To report lost or stolen University Property, use the following form:

Lost/Stolen Property Statement