Forms and Appeals


It is recommended that Adobe Acrobat Reader is used to access the files listed below. Forms can also be picked up in BH 110. If you have any questions please contact DRES at (818) 677-2684 or dres@csun.edu.

Consent for Release of Information Form (.pdf)

Disability Documentation Mental Health Form (.pdf)

Disability Documentation Physical Disability Form (.pdf)

Faculty-Student Audio Recording Agreement (.pdf)

Faculty-Student Zoom Recording Agreement (.pdf)

Faculty- Student Powerpoint Slides Agreement (.pdf)

Faculty-Student Board and Powerpoint Slide Pictures Agreement (.pdf)

Informational Documents

Faculty Guide to Accommodating Students with Disabilities

Guidelines for the Assessment and Verification of Students with Learning Disabilities Documentation

Records and Confidentiality

Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES) is committed to maintaining the privacy of student records, which are considered confidential in accordance with state and federal laws and university policy. The information contained in student records is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). As outlined in FERPA and in the Student Records Administration university policy, student records may only be accessed by authorized department staff. Records may only be released if required by subpoena, court order or in accordance with state and federal laws and university policy.

A student may request the release of their record to a third party by completing, signing and submitting the form entitled Consent for Release of Information. Students also have a right to review their own files and may request a review by completing, signing and submitting the Consent for Release of Information form.

Accommodation Appeal Process

California State University, Northridge is committed to removing barriers for persons with disabilities. It is also a California State University policy (Executive Order 1111) and Policy for the Provision of Accommodations and Support Services to Students with Disabilities to make programs, services and activities accessible to students, faculty, staff and the general public with disabilities who visit or attend a campus-sponsored event.

The policy is in accordance with applicable state and federal laws including, but not limited to, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), 42 U.S.C. § 12101 et seq.; Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 29 U.S.C. § 794 et seq.; and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), Government Code § 12940 et seq. and Education Code §§ 67302 and 67310-13. In the event a dispute arises regarding the provisions of accommodations, there is a process in place for students to pursue solutions.

This information below describes the remedies available to students in the event that there is a dispute regarding the appropriateness of a particular student accommodation. Every effort will be made to resolve the dispute as expeditiously as possible.

Resolving Accommodation Disputes: Informal Resolution Procedures

All students are encouraged to resolve disputes at the informal level first by speaking directly to the faculty or staff member involved, outlining the nature of the dispute and suggesting solutions. In the event that this does not resolve the issue, the student is strongly encouraged to speak to the department or unit head. If the dispute is related to accommodations provided by Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES), the student should first contact the director of DRES.

Experience has proven that a majority of complaints can be effectively resolved through the informal process. In some instances, students may wish to contact a DRES counseling staff member and ask for assistance with advisory, informal mediation or conciliation services.

Resolving Accommodation Disputes: Formal Resolution Procedures

To initiate the formal resolution process, a complaint must be filed with the Office of Equity and Diversity. Students should be prepared to provide the following information.

The complainant's name, address and phone number

  • The specific act(s) or circumstances(s) alleged to constitute the discriminatory actions that are the basis of the complaint, including the time and place of the alleged discriminatory action
  • The remedy requested

The Office of Equity and Diversity is located in University Hall 285. You may contact the office by telephone at (818) 677-2077 or by fax at (818) 677-4820.