When Assistive Technology Meets Mainstream
- Date & Time
Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 4:20 PM PST
The presentation will cover several topics:
1. Introduction - who I am, a little background about myself, and how I became an assistive technology developer.
2. My experience of being educated as a blind person in Israel using only mainstream technologies, without relying on modern blindness specific equipment, such as dedicated notetakers, in comparison to many English speaking countries. I will emphasize the advantages and challenges of such approach.
3. What happens when a mainstream tech company decides to become an assistive technology provider? Examples of advantages and problems to that approach, a specially when it comes to minor markets.
4. My vision on developing dedicated assistive technology devices for blind people that will only be mainstream based, while providing all dedicated blindness functionality. First hand experience.
- Higher Education
- Information & Communications Technology
- Disability Specific
- K-12 Education
- Employment & Human Resources
- Audience Level
- Session Summary (Abstract)
Are you a blind technology user, a parent of a blind child, or a professional VI teacher? Come to hear a unique view on assistive technology that will assist you in choosing the right tools for equality and success.
- Primary Topic
- Secondary Topics
- Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
- School-to-Work Transitioning
- Session Type
Add to Outlook/iCal (How it works)
Back to Session List