Here are a few resources to assist you with course accessibility:
Accommodating Students with Disabilities
To fully support your students, please utilize the following resources. If you have questions regarding accommodations, please send an email to email@example.com or (for deaf and hard of hearing students) firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disability Resources and Educational Services
- NCOD Captioning services
- For DIY Captioning (If NCOD is not available), Zoom recordings can be uploaded to YouTube and automatically captioned. Captions will not be 100% accurate but it is a good starting point. To upload to YouTube, you will need to create a YouTube channel. For instructions, visit Create a New Channel.
- Uploading Videos to YouTube - to add closed captioning.
- NCOD Operations for Virtual Learning
- Any updated accommodations for your students will be listed in the Student Access and Accommodation System (SAAS).
- To provided extended time on Canvas please refer to these community instructions on Extending Quiz Time or watch a video on Quiz Time Extension.
- Browser requirements: Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome 34+, Mozilla Firefox 25+
As part of our commitment to excellence through diversity and inclusion, California State University, Northridge (CSUN) strives to ensure that campus communication and information technology is accessible to everyone. For user guides and training resources regarding accessibility, visit the Universal Design Center.
- To start closed captioning in a meeting.
- Getting Started with Closed Captioning (Overview)
- Zoom recordings can be uploaded to YouTube and automatically captioned. Captions will not be 100% accurate but it is a good starting point. To upload to YouTube, you will need to create a YouTube channel. For instructions, visit Create a New Channel.