China Scholarship Council (CSC) Program
Since 1999, California State University, Northridge (CSUN) students and alumni have received 67 full scholarships from the China Scholarship Council (CSC) to live and study at top universities in China for one or more academic years, including the following institutions:
Several students have conducted graduate studies on extended scholarships. The awards, funded by the Chinese government, cover all tuition and provide a stipend that covers living expenses, allowing CSUN alumni from all disciplines the opportunity to experience a year in China. To learn more about this scholarship, please contact Rebecca Spector at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Graduating students and alumni are welcome to apply to the program. Students must complete their degree by the beginning of the scholarship.
- Language requirement: at least one semester or one summer course in Chinese language. Private tutoring will be considered.
- GPA requirement: Applicants must have a campus GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
- US citizenship
Application deadline for 2022-2023 awards: February 28, 2022
Please adhere to the following steps:
- Please contact Dr. Weimin Sun at email@example.com and/or Rebecca Spector at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional program information.
- You will be required to complete the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships and a Foreigner Physical Exam Form. You must submit these completed forms directly to the China Scholarship Council by February 28, 2022.
- All applicants will be interviewed by the China Institute Committee during February. Please contact Rebecca Spector at email@example.com for the interview process.
- If the committee recommends you to the program, a recommendation will be forwarded to the Chinese Consulate General Education Section and China Scholarship Council for further review. The recommendation sent on your behalf to the Los Angeles Chinese Consulate will be for their final consideration and nomination of your application to the CSC program administrators.
- Final decisions on awards will be made by the Chinese Consulate and will be announced late in the Summer or early in the Fall. Notifications will be sent directly to applicants by the Chinese government. The China Scholarship Council, entrusted by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, is an independent entity that is solely responsible for the enrollment and the administration of Chinese Government Scholarship programs. All alumni who take advantage of this scholarship program do so independent of CSU Northridge.
- If you are selected by the CSC to participate in this scholarship program, you will be in communication directly with the China Scholarship Council regarding the complete administrative processes of the program. The China Scholarship Council will be in contact with you directly regarding all aspects of the program, including admission to the program, travel arrangements, international insurance, and any additional relevant next steps.
You will be invited to write stories on your life and study experiences in China during your study. Selected stories will be published in the China Institute Newsletters and CSUN's Daily Sundial. This will contribute to the recognition of your achievements as well as publicizing the scholarship program to other CSUN students and graduates.