China Scholarship Council (CSC) Program
Since 1999, California State University, Northridge (CSUN) students have received 67 full scholarships from the China Scholarship Council (CSC) to live and study at top universities in China for one or more academic years, including the following institutions:
Several students have conducted graduate studies on extended scholarships. The awards, funded by the Chinese government, cover all tuition and provide a stipend that covers living expenses, allowing CSUN graduate and undergraduate students from all disciplines the opportunity to experience a year in China. To learn more about this scholarship, please contact Rebecca Spector at email@example.com
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Class level: Alumni or sophomore, junior, senior and graduate students are welcome to apply to the program.
- Language requirement: at least one semester or one summer course in Chinese language. Private tutoring will be considered.
- GPA requirement: Applicants must have a campus GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
- US citizenship
Application deadline for 2020-2021 awards: Early Deadline December 20th, 2019 and Final deadline January 24th, 2020.
Please note that there is an additional important deadline listed below that you must follow.
Please adhere to the following steps:
- Please note that the program application and all accompanying documents must be submitted to the International and Exchange Student Center by the January 24th deadline.
- Please contact Weimin Sun at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional program information.
- After the review of your application, you will be invited for an interview by the China Institute Committee during late January or early February.
- If the committee recommends you to the program, your information will be forwarded to the Chinese Consulate General Education Section and China Scholarship Council for further review. To proceed with this step, you will be required to complete the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships and a Foreigner Physical Exam Form. You must submit these completed forms to Rebecca Spector at the IESC by February 12, 2020.
- You must also complete an online application by February 12, 2020.
- Final decisions on awards will be announced late in the Summer or early in the Fall. Notifications will be sent directly to applicants by the Chinese government.
You will be invited to write stories on your life and study experiences in China during your study. Selected stories will be published in the China Institute Newsletters and CSUN's Daily Sundial. This will contribute to the recognition of your achievements as well as publicizing the scholarship program to other CSUN students and graduates.
Upon your return from China, awardees will be expected to make a formal presentation to the campus on their experiences in China as part of the China Institute Lecture Series. Please contact Weimin Sun, Director of China Institute at email@example.com for further information with this regard.
Application information: Rebecca Spector at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the China Scholarship Council website for general information.
Read stories by CSUN CSC award recipients in China Institute Newsletters.