In the event of an emergency, please dial 911
After-hour non-emergency contact information: 24 hr. Police Dispatch: (818) 677-2111
Emergency information can be located as follows
- 1-866-515-2786: Students and community members (campus status)
- CSUN home page will display emergency bulletins
- KABC 790 AM: Emergency Alert System (EAS)
- Student Portal: Keep contact information up to date and select option to receive alerts
Reporting an emergency
- When you call 911 or (818) 677-2111 to report an emergency, you will be connected with the CSUN Police Dispatch Center.
- Call from a safe location.
- Stay calm.
- Carefully explain the problem and the location.
- Do not hang up until you are instructed to do so by the dispatcher.
Tips for emergency evacuation
Although we do not anticipate any emergency evacuation for international students at CSUN, we would like you to be prepared in the event of an emergency and possible instruction to evacuate the campus and/or the city.
Emergency evacuation tips for international and exchange students
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inform us on your location and how we can contact you. The telephone numbers for the International and Exchange Student Center (IESC) is (818) 677-3053, and the campus line is (818) 677-1200.
- F-1 and J-1 International Students: Remember to take important documents with you. These include: Passport, visa, SEVIS issued I-20 or DS-2019, I-94, social security card, financial records and plane tickets, checks and credit cards.
- F-1 International Students: Should you be unable to contact the IESC at CSUN, please contact the SEVP Response Center (SRC) at 1 (703) 603-3400 or 1(800) 892-4829 or email SEVP@ice.dhs.gov. Also, contact your local embassy or consulate office for country specific updates.
- J-1 International Students: Should you be unable to contact the IESC at CSUN, please contact the SEVP Response Center (SRC) at 1 (703) 603-3400 or 1(800) 892-4829 or email at SEVP@ice.dhs.gov. Also, contact your local embassy or consulate office for specific updates. For J-1 visa exchange visitor participants, or individuals calling on their behalf, in need of immediate contact with the State Department to address a matter concerning their health, safety or welfare, please call the 24 hour/7 days a week J-1 Visa Emergency Hotline toll-free number at 1-866-283-9090.
- NSE Students: Should you be unable to contact the IESC at CSUN, please contact the NSE Central Office at (515) 450 5529 or email email@example.com, and reach out to your home campus NSE coordinator.
- Visit www.travel.state.gov for important travel warnings.
Helpful links to stay informed and keep safe include the following:
- It is important that International students maintain their non-immigrant student status even during emergency events. Visit the Maintain F and M Status in Emergency Events web-page to learn what items you need to keep safe to maintain status.
- To learn what actions to take during emergency events, visit Plan Ahead for Disasters
- For further readings and articles on how to protect yourself visit: CDC Emergency Preparedness and Response
- For additional training resources and course announcements, visit: FEMA National Preparedness
- It is highly encouraged that you consider developing toolkits to be prepared in advance. For guidance visit: Preparedness Toolkits