Federal and State Websites

These outside resources will help navigate your financial aid journey. Take a look at the links for further assistance.

CSACThe California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) administers the state of California's financial aid programs including Cal Grants and the Board of Governors Fee Waiver. If you have questions about the state financial aid programs, contact CSAC at 888-CA-GRANT (888-224-7268), or visit their website.
WebGrants4StudentsWebGrants4Students (WGS) is your portal for Cal Grant, Chafee and Middle Class Scholarship awards.  The California Student Aid Commission contacts students via email so it is critical that you keep this information current on your WGS account.

The U.S. Department of Education's FSA ID website allows a student to create an FSA ID. The FSA ID can be used to access a variety of federal aid websites. For example, your FSA ID can be used in place of a signature for the online FAFSA, or it can be used to access your student loan records with the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). Learn more about the FSA ID.

FAFSACompleting your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online can save you approximately two weeks of processing time. If you have general or technical questions about FAFSA on the Web, you can call 800-801-0576 for assistance.
FSAThe U.S. Department of Education administers federal financial aid programs for college students. You can obtain information about federal aid programs through this website or by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 800-4-FED-AID (800-433-3243).
IRSThe Internal Revenue Service website offers a plethora of information regarding income tax law, forms, publications and other related topics. The website is especially useful for downloading necessary forms during tax filing season.
NASFAAThe National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) is an online resource available to students, parents and high school counselors. Topics covered include availability of aid, eligibility, how to reduce college costs, and other information important financial aid information.
NSLDSThe U.S. Department of Education's National Student Loan Data System allows a student to view information about federal financial aid they have received at all colleges attended. In order to access your information, you will need to register for a PIN. For questions about a loan or grant, or for technical support, contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 800-4-FED-AID (800-433-3243) or TDD 800-730-8913.
Selective ServiceThe Selective Service website allows you to register online. Registration is mandatory for almost all males between the ages of 18 and 25, and those required to do so must register before receiving any form of federal or state financial aid. If you have questions regarding the Selective Service, contact them at 847-688-6888.

The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) acts as the bridge for varied government organizations that have an interest in information related to foreign students.

Voter RegistrationExercise your right to vote. You are eligible to vote if:
  • you are a United States citizen.
  • you are a resident of California.
  • you are at least 18 years of age.
  • you are not in prison or on parole for conviction of a felony.
  • you have not been judged by a court to be mentally incompetent to register and vote.