The Emergency Loan Fund is available to assist students with unforeseen changes in circumstances, which temporarily affect cash flow or for students who experience a delay in the receipt of their financial aid funds. All students must demonstrate a means of repayment such as financial aid proceeds or employment. A $10 service charge must be repaid. ONLY ONE EMERGENCY LOAN PER SEMESTER IS ALLOWED.
- Students who are applying on the basis of employment must be currently registered for classes with registration fees paid, or be current on an Installment Payment Plan (IPP). Students who are applying on the basis of financial aid must have enough Anticipated Aid to cover all charges on their Student Account, including registration fees and the Emergency Loan.
- CSUN photo I.D is required for loan approval and release of the check.
- Students who receive financial aid balance checks totaling $1,000 or more for the current semester are not eligible.
- The Loan is subject to verification of Financial Aid eligibility and/or employment verification.
- Students who are delinquent on any financial obligations to CSUN are not eligible until they submit proof that the debt is cleared.
- Students who defaulted on their Installment Payment Plan are not eligible.
- Students late (beyond the due date) in repaying a prior CSUN short term/emergency or bookstore loan are ineligible. This is indicated as a HOLD on your myNorthridge Portal.
The application is available the first day of classes. Funds are subject to availability. Students may only receive one loan per semester.