The Cross Enrollment program allows undergraduate CSUN students to enroll, on a space-available basis, in one course each academic term at a University of California campus or participating campuses in the California Community Colleges system. The program allows approved students to cross enroll without formal admission or additional tuition fees. Financial aid is determined by the home campus, CSUN. To participate, students must be approved through CSUN's Admissions and Records office.
If you are enrolling at CSUN and a University of California or community college campus, you will not be charged additional course enrollment fees. However, host campuses may charge a $10 administration fee each term. Once you have been approved for the program, you will need to provide proof of enrollment from the host campus to the Financial Aid & Scholarship Department at Cal State Northridge. Your financial aid will then be adjusted to include the units for one course taken at the host campus.
To properly apply for the program, follow the steps below:
- Apply and receive approval from Admissions and Records to the Cross Enrollment program. For additional information, visit the Admissions and Records website or contact the department at (818) 677-3700.
- Ensure Admissions and Records notifies the Financial Aid & Scholarship Department of your cross-enrollment student status.
- Apply for financial aid using Cal State Northridge's federal school code, 001153. The priority FAFSA funding date is March 2.
- Submit all documents requested by the Financial Aid & Scholarship Department.
- Meet satisfactory academic progress requirements.
For more information, you can always reach the Financial Aid & Scholarship Department at (818) 677-4085 or Admissions and Records at (818) 677-3700.