First Time Freshmen
In addition to submitting the CSUN and EOP application on Cal State Apply, the following are required to be considered for admission to CSUN EOP (Click on each drop down):
The following documents are required of all incoming freshman applicants. Additional documents may be required.
- 2 recommendations (on Cal State Apply). At least one must be from a school official who knows you both academically and personally—teacher, counselor, coach, etc. The second can be from a teacher/counselor or a community organization, employer, etc. No recommendations from friends or family members will be accepted.
Please note that you are responsible for ensuring that your recommendations have been submitted.
You must submit your SAT or ACT scores electronically to the Office of Admissions and Records by the university deadline to be considered for CSUN EOP. You can learn more about this requirement here: http://www.csun.edu/admissions-records/apply-first-time-freshman
SAT or ACT test scores must be received by Admissions and Records no later than Wednesday, January 15, 2020, for Fall 2020 admission. The last opportunity to take the tests is in early December 2019. Register 5 weeks or more before the test date.
For test dates and registration, ask your high school counselor or visit the following websites:
DO NOT SUBMIT SAT/ACT scores or proof of submission to CSUN EOP—they will not be processed.
November 30, 2019
Deadline to submit CSU Application
January 15, 2020
Deadline to submit EOP Application
January 31, 2020
Deadline to submit EOP Recommendation Forms - make sure to follow-up with your selected recommenders.
March 2, 2020
Priority deadline for FAFSA, California Dream Act, and Cal Grant deadline. You can apply as early as October 2019. The sooner you apply, the sooner your information will be processed!
Is your file complete?
Having a complete file means submitting:
- Required documents (See above)
- Taking required tests (See above)
After completing your file, we will review your information and determine if you are eligible for an interview. Check your CSUN email regularly. Students selected for an interview will be required to submit parents tax forms or financial verification – as well as proof of filing for financial aid (FAFSA or DREAM ACT).
After You Apply
After you have applied to CSUN, make sure the rest of your admission process goes smoothly:
- Set up your access to myNorthridge Portal and CSUN email. Watch for the “Activate Your CSUN Account” email from CSUN Admissions and Records sent to the address you provided in Cal State Apply. You should receive the email 1 or 2 days after you apply. For help, see account activation instructions.
- Monitor your application status. Log into myNorthridge Portal, locate “My Checklist," and review your complete and incomplete tasks such as missing transcripts. For help, see the How To Guides.
- Check your CSUN email and myNorthridge Portal often for official communications. The university will stop sending email to your personal address. Helpful: Forwarding CSUN Gmail to Another Account
- If you are admitted, you must file your “Intent to Register” electronically no later than Monday, May 1, 2020 in order to attend CSUN in Fall 2020. See Admitted to CSUN. If you do not confirm Intent to Register by the deadline, you will not be able to attend CSUN in the Fall 2020 semester
Remember, we want to communicate with you!
- Check your CSUN email often for the latest information.
- Take a moment to verify your paper mailing address in myNorthridge Portal. Learn how at Update Personal Information.