• EOP First Time Transfer Admissions Banner

    First Time Transfer Admissions Information

First Time Transfer

In addition to submitting the CSUN and EOP application to Cal State Apply, the following are required to be considered for EOP Admission:

Required Documents

  • 2 recommendations (on Cal State Apply).  At least one must be from a school official who knows you both academically and personally—professor/instructor, counselor, coach, etc.  The second can be from a professor/instructor, community organization, employer, etc.  Recommendations from friends or family members will not be accepted.

Please note that you are responsible for ensuring that your recommendations have been submitted. Check Cal State Apply and your myEOP page regularly to ensure that both have been submitted by the deadline.


November 30, 2017

The deadline to submit CSU & EOP Application

January 30, 2018

The deadline to submit additional required documents

March 2, 2018

Priority deadline for FAFSA, California Dream Act, and Cal Grant deadline. You can apply as early as October 2017. The sooner you apply, the sooner your information will be processed!

Frequently Asked Questions

How important are the EOP application and supporting documents?
The EOP application and supporting documents are an important part of the admissions process. We complete a detailed evaluation of each application and make admissions decisions based on the information you provide in conjunction with the minimum requirements, an interview, and your university records.

If I’m in EOPS at my community college, am I automatically in EOP at CSUN?
No. Being in EOPS at the community college does not guarantee admission to CSUN EOP. And, while a recommendation from your EOPS counselor is valuable, all candidates are evaluated based on their fulfillment of the minimum requirements above as well as a detailed evaluation of the EOP application.

What are the differences between EOPS & EOP?
EOP does NOT provide: Book grants/vouchers, priority registration, child care, parking or progress reports.