Welcome to the Student Services Center / EOP Satellite
for the College of Engineering and Computer Science
- General Education Advisement
- Lower Division Academic Advisement
- Facilitated Academic Workshops and Group Tutoring
- Provide most academic forms
- Specialized help for students in academic difficulty
- Location: Jacaranda Hall 1501 (click to see map)
- Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Office Number: (818) 677-2191
Click below for more information on Academic Advisement, Tutoring Services, EOP Services, and the Louis Stokes LSAMP Program.
- Academic Advisement
Do you need academic advisement to plan your next semester or ensure you are on the right path towards graduation? Call of visit our office today!
Student Services Center/EOP Satellite (SSC/EOP)
- Location: Jacaranda Hall, Room 1501 (1st floor)
- Office Number: (818) 677-2191
- Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Student Advisement Requirements
- All College of Engineering and Computer Science students are required to seek advisement prior to registration.
- This is the time to spend with your advisor to ensure you are on track with your educational goals and planning a realistic schedule for the following semester.
- Your academic advisor can also answer many other types of questions that you may have or refer you to the appropriate resource (list of advisors provided below)
Which students do we Advise?
- I am a First-Time Freshmen
- I am a Continuing Student who is enrolled in 100 and/or 200 level courses in your major (if in 300 level & higher must contact their department. Numbers are listed at the end)
- I am an EOP Student
- I am on Academic Probation
- I am Academically Disqualified
- I am enrolled in Junior-level major courses (300-level major courses)
How to prepare for your advisement appointment.
Who is your Academic Advisor?
GRETA POLITE | firstname.lastname@example.org
-- Mechanical Engineering
-- Engineering Management
-- Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Computer Science and Comp. Information Technology
Jacaranda Hall 4503 | (818) 677-3398
- Civil Engineering and Construction Management
Jacaranda Hall 4507 | (818) 677-2166
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
Jacaranda Hall 4509 | (818) 677-2190
- Manufacturing Systems Engr. and Engr. Management
Jacaranda Hall 4510 | (818) 677-2167
- Mechanical Engineering
Jacaranda Hall 4513 | (818) 677-2187
- Tutorial Services
CECS Tutorial Center:
- Location: Jacaranda Hall 1622B
- Operating Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Tutorial Schedule: Available HERE
The Tutorial Center is available beginning the 2nd week of every semester. By request, provisions for weekend and night tutoring can be arranged.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact the Tutorial Coordinator, Doris Chaney, at email@example.com or (818) 677-2423.
Additional Tutorial Programs:
- Facilitated Academic Workshops provide a weekly, group facilitated, study session to engineering and computer science related courses that have a high academic failure rate each semester. The current targeted courses for FAW are: AM 316, CE 240, ECE 240, ME 370, and Comp 110.
- The Cooperative Learning Participation program provides individual and group tutoring to students enrolled in over 200 engineering and computer science related sections throughout the semester.
- Living Learning Community - students in the Living Learning Community Dorm are provided with in-house tutoring for science and engineering related courses.
On average, 90% of students that participate in our Tutorial Programs pass their class! These programs work!!!
- Educational Opportunity Program Satellite Services
- A Family Environment & Community Support
- Professional Individualized Academic Advisement
- A Study Center
- Personalized Support
- Individualized Academic Tutoring and Workshops
- Career Opportunities: Professional Development, Internships, Job Interviews, etc.
- Louis Stokes - Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP)
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation or the Chancellor’s Office of the CSU. If you have any questions, feel free to call 818-677-2191.