You Should Know
Admission is provisional until all eligibility requirements and deadlines have been met, including enrollment and attendance in classes. If you do not enroll in classes and attend beyond the 20th day of instruction for the semester to which you were provisionally admitted, you will need to reapply for admission to the University in the next available semester.
|Required Actions||Fall 2015||Spring 2016|
|Last day for CSUN to receive SAT/ACT test scores||2/3/2015||To Be Announced (TBA)|
|Earliest day for eligible first-time freshman academic advisement||4/7/15 (Make an appointment with your academic advisor beginning 3/23/15.)||TBA|
|Last day to file Intent to Register in myNorthridge**||5/1/2015||TBA|
|Last possible date to take the EPT/ELM placement tests**||5/2/2015||TBA|
|Last day for CSUN to receive EPT/ELM placement test scores**||Arrange for ETS to send scores to CSUN school code 4707.||TBA|
*If your application for admission was denied or your offer of provisional admission has been withdrawn, see Admission and Deadline Appeals.
**Your EPT/ELM test scores will be available on the date published on the ETS website. When received by CSUN, your scores will display in myNorthridge Portal > My Checklist.
Read the "Enrollment Checklist" below for additional information about these important deadlines.
1. Submit your Intent to Register online for the semester of your admission no later than the dates listed below:
- Spring 2016: TBA
- Fall 2015: Friday, May 1, 2015. If you are admitted after April 17, you will have 14 days from your admission date to file your Intent to Register. If you do not confirm your Intent to Register by the deadline, you cannot attend CSUN in the fall semester.
The Intent to Register link is located in "My Checklist" in the myNorthridge Portal. For help, see the How To Guide Freshmen and Transfer Students - Intent to Register. No deposit is charged to file Intent to Register at CSUN.
2. Take the EPT and/or ELM Tests as soon as possible and before you meet with your advisor to register for classes.
- To enroll in the Spring 2016 semester, take EPT and/or ELM early enough for CSUN to receive your test scores no later than [date TBA].
- To enroll in the Fall 2015 semester, you must take EPT and/or ELM on or before the Saturday, May 2, 2015 test date unless you are exempt. Because of heavy demand and limited seating, you should sign up for the tests much earlier than the May deadline. Find earlier test dates, online registration, and exemptions on the CSUN Testing Center EPT/ELM pages.
Your EPT/ELM scores determine whether or not you'll need to participate in the summer Early Start Program. Even if you are "conditionally exempt" from the EPT/ELM based on your EAP, SAT or ACT scores, you will need to enroll in Early Start. Please ask your advisor for assistance.
3. Make an appointment with your academic advisor to set up your academic plan and enroll in classes (required for all freshmen).
- Prepare for your meeting with the advisement checklist for first-time freshmen.
- Make an advisement appointment by contacting one of the Student Services Centers/EOP Satellite advising centers
4. Send us your final official transcripts including:
- Final official high school transcripts showing all items, grades, and high school graduation date
- Final official transcripts for any college courses you may have taken
Transcripts are due no later than the following dates for the semester of your admission:
—Spring 2016: Send by [date TBA]
—Fall 2015: Send by Friday, August 14, 2015
Send transcripts to:
CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
5. Send us your official test scores for any Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and/or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams you may have taken. Use the CSUN school code of 4707.
6. Learn about self-service registration with the Registration Guide and Registration Calendar. Become familiar with myNorthridge Portal to pay tuition and other fees, check financial aid status, view class and final exam schedule, check grades, print an unofficial transcript—and more. If you've moved, log in to update your mailing address. Read more at How To Guides for Students.
7. Apply for scholarships and/or financial aid. To be considered for aid, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon after January 1 as possible. CSUN’s Federal School Code is 001153.
8. Obtain your CSUN photo ID card (required). Pay online or in person; come in to have your photo taken and receive your card. Read more at Photo ID.
9. Attend mandatory New Student Freshman Orientation. CSUN is committed to your academic success. At orientation, you'll receive an introduction to the academic, social and cultural resources of the University as well as tips for student success.
10. Meet immunization requirements. If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, you must present proof of immunity to or immunization for measles and rubella during your first semester at CSUN. Immunity to or immunization for Hepatitis B is required for all entering students 18 or younger before you complete your second semester. These are not required for admission but are conditions of enrollment. Students enrolled in a California public middle or high school after July 1, 1999 will have satisfied these requirements. For details, see Immunization Requirements.
Best wishes for your first semester at Cal State Northridge.