You Should Know
Admission is provisional until all eligibility requirements and deadlines have been met, including enrollment and attendance in classes beyond the 20th day of instruction for the semester to which you were provisionally admitted. Read more at provisional admission.
|Required Actions||Fall 2020|
|Last day for CSUN to receive SAT/ACT test scores||01/15/2020|
|File Intent to Register in myNorthridge Portal**||As soon as possible|
|Earliest day to contact your designated academic advising center to make an appointment||05/26/2020|
|Send official final high school transcript verifying graduation date||07/15/2020|
|Earliest day for eligible first-time freshman academic advisement||06/08/2020|
*If your application for admission was denied or your offer of provisional admission has been withdrawn, see Admission and Deadline Appeals.
**Read the "Enrollment Checklist" below for additional Intent to Register information.
1. If admitted for Fall 2020, you may need to participate in the summer Early Start Program. Please check back here for updates in March 2020.
2. Submit your Intent to Register online for the semester of your admission no later than the dates listed below:
- Fall 2020: As soon as possible.
- Spring 2021: TBA
3. Meet with an academic advisor to set up your academic plan and enroll in classes (required for all freshmen). Here's how to make your advisement appointment:
- All students: Prepare for your meeting using the advisement checklist for first-time freshmen (.pdf). Learn more about academic advisement services for undergraduate students.
- Most students and majors:
- Fall 2020: On May 26, 2020, check your CSUN Gmail box for a message with a link to sign up for a freshman registration workshop at the Matador Advising Hub. Be sure to complete the "Pre-Enrollment Steps 1-3."
- Spring 2021: TBA
- EOP students:
- If you have declared a major, contact your College Student Services Center/EOP Satellite to make an academic advising appointment.
- If your major is exploratory (undecided), contact the Advising Resource Center (ARC)/EOP for advisement.
- Liberal Studies ITEP students: If your major is the Integrated Teacher Education Program (ITEP)-Freshman Option, schedule an advisement appointment in the Liberal Studies Program located in EA 100. All other Liberal Studies majors get advised in the Matador Advising Hub.
4. Send us your final official transcripts including:
- Final official high school transcripts showing all items, grades, and high school graduation date
- Final official transcripts for any college courses you may have taken. If you are transferring course work from a California community college, please see the instructions for e-transcripts at eTranscript California.
Transcripts are due no later than the following dates for the semester of your admission:
—Fall 2020: Send by Wednesday, July 15, 2020.
—Spring 2021: TBA
Send transcripts to:
CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
5. Send us your official test scores for any Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and/or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams you may have taken. Use the CSUN school code of 4707.
6. Learn about self-service registration. Become familiar with myNorthridge Portal to pay tuition and other fees, check financial aid status, view class and final exam schedule, check grades, print an unofficial transcript—and more. Helpful: How To Guides
8. Apply for scholarships and/or financial aid. To be considered for aid for the coming Fall 2020-Spring 2021 academic year, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon after October 1, 2019 as possible. CSUN’s Federal School Code is 001153.
9. Obtain your CSUN photo ID card (required). Pay online or in person; come in to have your photo taken and receive your card. Read more at Photo ID.
10. Attend mandatory New Student Freshman Orientation. CSUN is committed to your academic success. At orientation, you'll receive an introduction to the academic, social and cultural resources of the University as well as tips for student success.
11. Meet immunization requirements. All new students entering CSUN (and any CSU campus) for the first time in Fall 2020 and after will need to meet updated immunization requirements. These are not required for admission but are conditions for enrolling in classes. Students not meeting the requirements may receive a registration hold that prevents enrollment in their second-semester classes. Learn more at Immunizations.
12. If you are a deaf or hard of hearing student, please contact CSUN's National Center on Deafness (NCOD) to complete the NCOD Supplemental Application for coordinated services. See NCOD FAQs.
We want to communicate with you! So please:
- Check your CSUN Gmail often for important information.
- Take a moment to verify your paper mailing address in myNorthridge Portal. Learn how at Update Personal Information.
Best wishes for your first semester at CSUN.