You Should Know
Admission is provisional until all eligibility requirements and deadlines have been met, including enrollment and attendance in classes beyond the 20th day of instruction for the semester to which you were provisionally admitted. Read more at provisional admission.
|Required Actions||Spring 2020||Fall 2020|
|Last day for CSUN to receive SAT/ACT test scores||As soon as possible||01/15/2020|
|Last day to file Intent to Register in myNorthridge**||If you will attend CSUN, file intent as soon as you are admitted.||05/01/2020|
|Earliest day for eligible first-time freshman academic advisement||11/01/2019||TBA|
|Send official final high school transcript verifying graduation date||As soon as your final grades are posted.||07/15/2020|
*If your application for admission was denied or your offer of provisional admission has been withdrawn, see Admission and Deadline Appeals.
**Read the "Enrollment Checklist" below for additional Intent to Register information.
1. If admitted for Fall 2020, you may need to participate in the summer Early Start Program. Please check back here for updates in March 2020.
2. Submit your Intent to Register online for the semester of your admission no later than the dates listed below:
- Spring 2020: If you plan to attend CSUN, please file your Intent to Register as soon as you are admitted
- Fall 2020: Monday, May 1, 2020. If you do not confirm your Intent to Register by the deadline, you cannot attend CSUN in the fall semester.
3. Meet with an academic advisor to set up your academic plan and enroll in classes (required for all freshmen). Here's how to make your advisement appointment:
- All students: Prepare for your meeting using the advisement checklist for first-time freshmen (.pdf). Learn more about academic advisement services for undergraduate students.
- Most students and majors:
- Spring 2020: Call your advising center to schedule an appointment. Appointments begin November 1, 2019, as explained in the advisement checklist for first-time freshmen (.pdf).
- Fall 2020: In May 2020, check your CSUN Gmail box for a message with a link to sign up for a freshman registration workshop at the Matador Advising Hub. Be sure to complete the "Pre-Enrollment Steps 1-3."
- EOP students:
- If you have declared a major, contact your College Student Services Center/EOP Satellite to make an academic advising appointment.
- If your major is exploratory (undecided), contact the Advising Resource Center (ARC)/EOP for advisement.
- Liberal Studies ITEP students: If your major is the Integrated Teacher Education Program (ITEP)-Freshman Option, schedule an advisement appointment in the Liberal Studies Program located in EA 100. All other Liberal Studies majors get advised in the Matador Advising Hub.
4. Send us your final official transcripts including:
- Final official high school transcripts showing all items, grades, and high school graduation date
- Final official transcripts for any college courses you may have taken. If you are transferring course work from a California community college, please see the instructions for e-transcripts at eTranscript California.
Transcripts are due no later than the following dates for the semester of your admission:
—Spring 2020: As soon as your final high school grades are posted.
—Fall 2020: Send by Wednesday, July 15, 2020.
Send transcripts to:
CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
5. Send us your official test scores for any Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and/or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams you may have taken. Use the CSUN school code of 4707.
6. Learn about self-service registration. Become familiar with myNorthridge Portal to pay tuition and other fees, check financial aid status, view class and final exam schedule, check grades, print an unofficial transcript—and more. Helpful: How To Guides
8. Apply for scholarships and/or financial aid. To be considered for aid for the coming Fall 2020-Spring 2021 academic year, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon after October 1, 2019 as possible. CSUN’s Federal School Code is 001153.
9. Obtain your CSUN photo ID card (required). Pay online or in person; come in to have your photo taken and receive your card. Read more at Photo ID.
10. Attend mandatory New Student Freshman Orientation. CSUN is committed to your academic success. At orientation, you'll receive an introduction to the academic, social and cultural resources of the University as well as tips for student success.
11. Meet immunization requirements. If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, you must present proof of immunity to or immunization for measles and rubella during your first semester at CSUN. Immunity to or immunization for Hepatitis B is required for all entering students 18 or younger before you complete your second semester. These are not required for admission but are conditions of enrollment. Students enrolled in a California public middle or high school after July 1, 1999 will have satisfied these requirements. For details, see Immunization Requirements.
12. If you are a deaf or hard of hearing student, please contact CSUN's National Center on Deafness (NCOD) to complete the NCOD Supplemental Application for coordinated services.
We want to communicate with you! So please:
- Check your CSUN Gmail often for important information.
- Take a moment to verify your paper mailing address in myNorthridge Portal. Learn how at Update Personal Information.
Best wishes for your first semester at CSUN.