- The University Corporation Financial Services division provides quality services by operating in a professional and businesslike manner.
- The University Corporation Financial Services division strives for consistent accuracy and timeliness in its services using modern computing resources and new systems and methods.
- The University Corporation Financial Services division operates in a dynamic, participatory work environment as it plans for and reacts to the growing demands of university and Corporation activities and businesses.
As required by California law and the corporation’s bylaws, The University Corporation Financial Services division keeps accurate financial records of its activities. The University Corporation is exempt from income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code and is governed by a Board of Directors. Annually, The University Corporation Financial Services division undergoes a vigorous financial audit by an independent Certified Public Accounting firm; and the audited financial report is reviewed by its Audit Committee. The University Corporation’s tax returns are filed each year with federal and state tax agencies and are posted on the corporation’s website.
Managing the corporation’s investments is an important and complex responsibility of The University Corporation Board of Directors. The Board has established and maintains an investment policy consistent with its purposes and needs. Under Board oversight, the Financial Services management team works with professional advisors to optimize returns while balancing risk in accordance with the investment policy.
The University Corporation Financial Services division has eleven employees handling more than $50 million in annual revenues and serving its clients/partners, including (but not limited to):
- The University Corporation Board of Directors
- CSU University Administration
- CSUN Students & Faculty
- CSUN Centers and Departments
- CSU Chancellor’s Office
- CSUN Campus Store
- CSUN Dining
- Grants, Contracts and Workshops
- CSU Northridge Foundation
- North Campus Development Corporation
- University Student Union
- Associated Students
- University Housing and Parking
- The University Corporation Retirees