CSUN's Testing Center provides students, faculty, staff and the community with high-quality testing and instructional assessment services. The center follows the National College Testing Association Professional Standards and Guidelines, as well as governmental regulations that promote responsible fiscal, legal, ethical and equitable practices.
Within this framework, the Testing Center strives to:
- Help students meet his or her needs for different programs
- Provide a public service by offering computer-based and paper and pencil testing services
- Collaborate with faculty and administrators, other colleges and universities, testing companies and national organizations to keep abreast of all aspects related to our services
- Provide a quality testing environment that is clean, comfortable, quiet and user friendly
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Act as a repository of information for university testing activities and community testing needs
CSUN's Testing Center is a certified testing center of the National College Testing Association (NCTA) since May 2014. Testing Center is a proud member of the NCTA Proctoring Network supporting distance learning.
The Testing Center offers admission, certification and licensure exams, college placement exams and proctoring services for students away from their home campus.
Providing test administration in a safe manner is of the utmost importance to us. We remain vigilant with enhanced sanitization and distancing protocols. Lobby seating, locker availability, and exam seating capacity have been reduced to provide distancing between candidates. Candidates are required to bring and wear face masks for the duration of their time with us. Masks will be inspected prior to every entry to the testing areas.
Testing Center Student Assistant Position
The Testing Center is responsible for coordinating assessment and testing activities across the University. The Testing Center student assistant assists with testing services offered at the Testing Center, including exam proctoring. The Testing Center student assistant also serves as an ambassador of the Testing Center and assists with daily institutional test administration, including national and professional exams, completing administrative processes as needed while collaborating with Testing Center staff to provide services to students, faculty, and staff.
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA (semester and cumulative) and good academic standing with the university.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Must be friendly, approachable, trustworthy, team and goal oriented.
- Must be able to adapt, manage time and problem solve.
- Leadership skills required: must be professional, self-motivated, an independent thinker and flexible.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Support Testing Center operations, including answering phones, emails, scheduling appointments, responding to inquiries/questions and performing initial check-in of candidates.
- Must be able to complete required trainings and certifications to administer on-site and weekend institutional, national, and professional exams as needed according to NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines and Testing Center protocol.
- Maintain confidential data.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the Testing Center.
Starts at $15.00 per hour
Must be available to work Monday-Friday between the hours of 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Schedule will vary with maximum of 20 hours per week based on semester course schedule.) Must commit to work a full academic year.
Please submit an employment application and resume to the Testing Center located in Bayramian Hall 190 or email documents to email@example.com. For additional information, please contact the Testing Center office at (818) 677-2369, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.