Our mission is to educate children with the tools, knowledge and power to recognize and avoid danger as well as to resist and protect themselves from physical abuse
December 2019 for Children Age 5-7
October 2019 for Children Age 8-12
What is radKIDS?
radKIDS is the leading educator in realistic and empowering personal safety education for both children and parents. The radKIDS Program provides children with hope, options, and practical skills to RECOGNIZE, AVOID and ESCAPE violence and abuse. Our mission is to educate children with the tools, knowledge and power to recognize and avoid danger as well as to resist and protect themselves from physical abuse.
Why is radKIDS so important?
radKIDS gives children the confidence, skills, and self-esteem to Resist Agression, Defensively. radKIDS believes that the best way we can protect our children is to empower our children with information and resources they need to immediately recognize danger and respond effectively in protecting their safety. This does two vitally important things. It eliminates the fear, confusion and panic that is inherent in dangerous situation and replaces that fear with confidence, skills and self-esteem. The key is giving them the power!
What do radKIDS learn?
The program’s comprehensive Personal Empowerment Safety Education curriculum, designed for children 5-12 years of age, is based on accelerated learning theory and realistic physical resistance options to escape violence. A handful of the curriculum topics include:
- radKIDS® Revolutionary Bullying Prevention Program that is WORKING today: "Taught Through the Eyes of a Child"
- Preventing/Stopping Predator Tricks including Physical Resistance Strategies against Abduction
- Internet Safety
- Personal Touch and Personal Space Safety (Good. Bad, Uncomfortable/Unwanted Touch) Featuring "Sam's Secret"
- Home, School, Out & About Safety (Parks, Fairs, Playgrounds, Beaches, Stores, Malls) all Through the Eyes of the Child
The Three Things All radKIDS know...
- No one has the right to hurt me, NO ONE, because I am special.
- As a radKID, I don't have the right to hurt anyone else (including myself) unless someone is trying to physically hurt me, then I have the right to STOP THEM.
- If anyone tries to hurt me, trick me or make me feel bad inside, it's not my fault -so I can TELL!
Classes & Cost
- Classes are scheduled for Monday-Friday, 5:30 to 7:30 pm
- All classes are held at the Department of Police Services located at the corner of Darby Avenue and Prairie streets, on the CSUN campus
- On campus, metered parking is available at the Police Services visitor lot, adjacent to the building. Street parking is also available and is regulated by city signs.
- Children must attend all five days.
- Classes are offered by age group (5-7 years & 8-12).
- Class size is limited to 12 children.
- RSVP is required and done on a first come basis.
- The California State University, Northridge Department of Police Services currently charges $10 per child. All radKIDS are eligible to return FREE of charge until their 13th birthday after attending their first class.
All radKIDS receive:
- The radKIDS Family Manual & Activity Book
- A certificate with photo & thumb print
(Information is available in English & Spanish)
Crime Prevention Unit (818) 677-4997