The following agenda is an example of the past 2023 International Orientation (NSO) event:
International Orientation Agenda Example
|9:00 am||Check-In for Students|
|9:30 am||Campus Tour|
|10:40 am||University Welcome|
|10:50 am||Student Engagement & Well-Being|
|11:10 am||Steps to Academic Success|
|11:30 am||Classrooms & Community|
|12:30 pm||Immigration Briefing|
|2:00 pm||CSUN Panel - Student, Faculty, & Staff Perspectives|
|2:30 pm||NSO International Concludes|
We look forward to seeing you at your New Student Orientation. Here are some essential tips and reminders:
- Mandatory Information- Orientation information is mandatory and you are expected to participate in the full program.
- Cost to attend
- A mandatory fee of $75.00 dollars will be automatically billed to your student account
- User ID - There will be time for you to register for the Student Recreation Center (SRC) after the Orientation, which will require you to have your User ID (also referred to you as your "Moodle login").
- F-1 Freshman & Transfer Students (Undergraduate Level who wish to obtain a Bachelor Degree): An academic advisor from Undergraduate Studies will be speaking with you and can perhaps answer general questions on class scheduling. F-
- F-1 Graduate Students (Graduate Level who wish to obtain a Masters or Doctoral Degree): Graduate Students may attend NSO coordinated out of our office; however, there is also a “New Graduate Student Orientation” program provided through the office of Research and Graduate Studies. For more information on that event please click here.
- F-1 Academic Advisement - Be sure to see an academic advisor if possible BEFORE your New Student Orientation to help you with class selection if possible.
- If you are in the United States, you are encouraged to schedule a meeting with one of the International Academic Advisors in the Office of Undergraduate Studies by calling 818-677-2969 or emailing email@example.com.
- Bring your unofficial transcripts for all courses taken at a community college or another four-year university to your advisement meeting.
- Students outside of the U.S. and arriving on July 23 or later, are also encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
- Schedule of Classes - It may be helpful for you to bring your schedule of classes with you as you'll have an opportunity to identify buildings with your Orientation leader.
- Orientation Payment— The mandatory non-refundable $75.00 fee issued for Orientation should be paid as soon as possible. This fee could be paid through the "My Checklist" portion of your student portal or by visiting Cash Services, which is located in the first floor of Bayramian Hall. This is a separate fee from tuition and cannot be paid with money awarded by Financial Aid. If you have any questions regarding the Orientation fee, please contact University Cash Services (818) 677-8000 or email@example.com.
- Contact the orientation staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (818) 677-4100 and ask to speak to someone regarding Orientation should you have any questions or concerns.
Hello new matador! We are currently in the process of finalizing your Fall 2023 International New Student Orientation experience. Please, refer back to this website in June 2023 to get all the details.
Please visit our FAQs page to better prepare you for your orientation experience.