International Student Orientation
Orientation for Fall 2018 has past. Please connect with the International & Exchange Student Center for additional information and materials distributed at NSO.
Thursday - January 17, 2019
*Registration for NSO will begin in mid-December.
We look forward to seeing you at your New Student Orientation. Here are some essential tips and reminders:
- Mandatory Information- Orientation information is mandatory and you are expected to attend the full program.
- Student will check in at 8:00 AM
- Cost to attend
- A mandatory fee of $75.00 dollars will be automatically billed to your student account (Freshman Students)
- A fee of $75.00 dollars will be billed to your student account upon your attendance of this event (Transfer and Graduate Students)
- Orientation Schedule A full schedule of the day's events can be found at http://www.csun.edu/nso/international/schedule.htm
- Parking & Check-In: If you will be driving to campus, we have made arrangements for you to park in the G3 Lot or G3 Parking Structure which is located off Zelzah Ave. & Prairie St. Please click here to send/print out a free 1-day parking permit.
If you don't have access to a printer you can obtain a one-day permit from an attendant at the parking kiosk adjacent to the G3 lot/structure. Be sure to arrive early and inform them that you are attending your New Student Orientation.
Orientation leaders (in red CSUN Polo shirts) will be available in the parking area that morning for assistance should it be needed.
- Meals will be provided.
- Light continental breakfast and full lunch served
- Special dietary needs can be requested ahead of time by emailing our office
- User ID - There will be time for you to register for the Student Recreation Center (SRC) after the Orientation, which will require you to have your User ID (also referred to you as your "Moodle login").
- F-1 Freshman & Transfer Students (Undergraduate Level who wish to obtain a Bachelor Degree): An academic advisor from Undergraduate Studies will be speaking with you and can perhaps answer general questions on class scheduling. F-
- F-1 Graduate Students (Graduate Level who wish to obtain a Masters or Doctoral Degree): Graduate Students may attend NSO coordinated out of our office; however, there is also a “New Graduate Student Orientation” program provided through the office of Research and Graduate Studies. For more information on that event please click here.
- F-1 Academic Advisement - Be sure to see an academic advisor if possible BEFORE your New Student Orientation to help you with class selection if possible.
- If you are in the United States, you are encouraged to schedule a meeting with one of the International Academic Advisors in the Office of Undergraduate Studies by calling 818-677-2969 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bring your unofficial transcripts for all courses taken at a community college or another four-year university to your advisement meeting.
- Students outside of the U.S. and arriving on July 23 or later, are also encouraged to email@example.com for questions.
- Schedule of Classes - It may be helpful for you to bring your schedule of classes with you as you'll have an opportunity to identify buildings with your Orientation leader.
- Orientation Payment— The mandatory non-refundable $75.00 fee issued for Orientation should be paid as soon as possible. This fee could be paid through the "My Checklist" portion of your student portal or by visiting Cash Services, which is located in the first floor of Bayramian Hall. This is a separate fee from tuition and cannot be paid with money awarded by Financial Aid. If you have any questions regarding the Orientation fee, please contact University Cash Services (818) 677-8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact the orientation staff at email@example.com or call us at (818) 677-4100 and ask to speak to someone regarding Orientation should you have any questions or concerns.