Upcoming Information Session November 10, 2022 5:00pm to 6:45pm
Zoom Link for Information Session
Meeting ID: 837 9346 7605 Passcode: epc
As a reminder, no applicant will be considered unless the following two applications have been received.
Instructions for Completing the Application
(Note: Applying to all EPC programs is a two step process that requires applying to the University AND to the specific program you want to apply to in the Department of Educational Psychology)
1) Step ONE: Apply for Admission by submitting an application to the University through Cal State Apply.
2) Step TWO: Apply for Admission to the Educational Psychology and Counseling Department through ApplyWeb-CollegeNet
Please see our application checklist (PDF) for a guide of what to submit through our department online application portal. You must submit all required elements of the application regardless of what has bee submitted to the Cal State Apply System.
- This checklist is for organizational purposes. It is your responsibility to ensure that all requirements for admission are met and all application materials are uploaded through the College Net online portal.
- Please note: All paperwork submitted to the university becomes university property and will not be returned to the applicant for any reason, nor are we able to provide you with copies. Please note that there are no exceptions to this policy. Any requests for copies or for the return of application paperwork will be denied.
Individual programs have additional requirements, including completion of specific prerequisites for the program (see the prerequisite information tab on prospective student webpage or the University catalog for details).
In addition to the application, an on-campus or virtual interview (by-invitation-only) is required for admission. Note: Because of the large number of applicants, not all applicants will be invited for interviews. You will be notified shortly after the Application Deadline (typically within 2-3 weeks) of the final interview date and time. Since all candidates are interviewed together in a group setting, interview dates cannot be rescheduled.
- For all MS in Counseling programs (***This includes all options: College Counseling/Student Services, School Counseling, and School Psychology)
- Fall 2023 Application Period will be from October 1, 2022 to January 13, 2023
- For the MS in Marriage and Family Therapy program:
- Fall 2023 Application Period will be from October 1, 2022, to January 13, 2023.
- For the MA in *Early Childhood Educational Psychology program (ECE) (*program and degree name change effective Fall 2023)
- Spring 2023 Application Period will be from August 1, 2022 to November 4, 2022.
- Fall 2023 Application Period will be from October 1, 2022 to April 14, 2023.
- Please note: We will not accept applications for the Development, Learning, Instruction, and Evaluation (DLI&E) or the Career Counseling programs this application period.
Important Note: It is the responsibility of the applicant to adhere to the department application deadlines. Should the applicant apply to the University via the Cal State Apply application system after the January 13, 2023 deadline for the M.S. in Counseling programs, M.S. in Marriage and Family Therapy program, or the April 14, 2023 deadline for the M.A. in ECE program, the application will not be reviewed by the department. It is also important to note that per University policy, application fees are non-refundable. See: Graduate and Post-Baccalaureate Application Procedures.