The Schedule of Classes (SOC) Registration Guide provides information to successfully enroll in classes each term, including dates and deadlines, registration instructions, and academic policies pertaining to enrollment.
Top 10 Registration Tips
- Know when to register, increase units, repeat courses, wait list, pay tuition/fees, make late schedule changes. See Registration Calendar.
- Activate your CSUN user ID and password to access the self-service registration system through myNorthridge Portal. Read: Security Tips.
- Clear holds that may prevent you from enrolling in classes.
- Make every unit count! See an academic advisor or graduate program coordinator. Plan ahead using degree planning tools.
- Understand academic policies that can affect your enrollment including attendance, course requisites, credit/no credit grading, maximum unit load, repeating courses, and withdrawing.
- Use Class Search to preview classes months before enrollment begins. Access Class Search from the CSUN home page (no login required), through myNorthridge Portal (log in), or in the CSUN Mobile App.
- Use Registration Planner to generate schedules for the classes you want to take, choose a desired schedule and send it to your enrollment shopping cart, and/or fit a new class into your schedule.
- Begin registering when your enrollment appointment arrives and thereafter. Add, drop or swap classes online during registration periods.
- Drop classes you no longer want during the first three weeks of instruction, or else you will get a grade of “WU” (unauthorized withdrawal), which counts as an “F” in GPA calculation. Formal, written approval is required to change your schedule beginning with Week 4. See: Late Add-Drop Classes.
- Check your account balance whenever you add or drop classes and pay tuition and other fees before the deadlines published in the Fee Payment Schedule. Log into myNorthridge and select the Financial Matters tab > My Financial Obligations box > View Account Information. For help, see View My Student Account Information.