The best strategy to prepare for enrolling in classes is to “Plan ahead!”
View the CSUN Schedule of Classes at Class Search. No login is required.
Follow these steps to pave the way to registration.
- Select the classes you need for the upcoming semester using the Degree Planning Tools. Make every unit count!
- Design your preferred class schedule at the times that work for you. Three scheduling tools are at your service:
- Class Search (no login required) – Helpful guides: Class Search and Textbooks in Class Search
- Registration Planner (login required) – Helpful guides: Registration Planner and Registration Planner Features
- “Search for Classes” through myNorthridge Portal (login required) and select SOLAR Student Center from the Quick Links pagelet. Helpful: Add Classes Guide
- Schedule an advisement appointment and share your planned schedule with your academic advisor. Your advising center may contact you, so regularly check your CSUN email account. If an advisor doesn’t contact you, be proactive and contact them to schedule an advising appointment.
Ask your advisor if you need to sign up for an undergraduate Math or Chemistry department exam (may be required to enroll in certain 100- and 200-level MATH and CHEM courses).
- Review My Checklist in myNorthridge Portal for any registration holds, which block enrollment, and clear them. All CSUN students must clear the following holds before they can enroll in classes:
- Title IX “Not Anymore” or “Every Choice” training: Take the online Title IX interactive video training for sexual misconduct and violence awareness and prevention. For instructions, visit the guide Access Title IX Training.
- COVID Attestation Requirement (CAR): The CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires that all individuals coming to CSU campuses for academic programs, employment or other activities be fully vaccinated including, if eligible, a booster shot, or exempt from vaccination. If you have a CAR hold, you must complete the COVID Attestation Requirement prior to your spring, summer and fall 2022 registration appointments. Visit How to Submit COVID-19 Vaccine Self-Certification via myNorthridge Portal.
Now you’re ready to move on to How to Register, where you’ll learn how to add classes and use the self-service registration system, and When to Register, to learn about enrollment appointments and important dates and deadlines.