Study in China
China Scholarship Council (CSC) Program
For the past 14 years, more than forty CSUN students have received full scholarships from the China Scholarship Council (CSC) to live and study at top universities in China for one or more academic year, including the following institutions:
Peking University, Qinghua University, People's University, Beijing Film Academy, Central Academy of Fine Arts, Central Theatre Academy, Shanghai Fudan University, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, Shanghai Normal University, Shanghai University, Shanghai Conservatory of Music, Shanghai Donghua University, Sichuan University, Tianjin Foreign Language University, Northeast Normal University, Wuhan University of Science and Technology, Central China University of Science and Technology, Central China Normal University, and Southwest Jiaotong University
Several students have conducted graduate studies on extended scholarships. The awards, funded by the Chinese government, cover all tuition and living expenses, allowing CSUN graduate and undergraduate students from any discipline the opportunity to experience a year in China.
Andrew Javidi (middle and right) with fellow students in Beijing
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Class level: Sophomore, Junior, Senior and Graduate students are welcome to apply to the program.
- Language Requirement: At least one semester or one summer course in Chinese language. Private tutoring will be considered.
- GPA Requirement: Applicants must have a Campus GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
Application Deadline for 2014-2015 awards: February 3, 2014
Please note that there are two additional important deadlines listed below which you MUST follow.
Please adhere to the following steps:
Please contact Dr. Marta Lopez at email@example.com (International and Exchange student Center) to obtain an application, which may also be found at Application and Supporting Documents. Please note that the program application and all accompanying documents must be submitted to the International and Exchange Student Center by the February 3rd deadline.
- Please contact Dr. Weimin Sun at Weimin.firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Dr. Justine Su at email@example.com for additional program information.
- After the review of your application, you will be invited for an interview by the China Institute Committee during the third week of February.
- If the committee recommends you to the program, your information will be forwarded to the Chinese Consulate General Education Section and China Scholarship Council for further review. To proceed with this step, you will be required to complete the application form for the "Chinese Government Scholarship" and a "Physical Exam" form. You must submit these completed forms to Dr. Lopez at the International and Exchange Student Center by February 28th.
- You must also complete an online application by March 7th.
- Final decisions on awards will be announced late in the spring or early in the summer of 2014. Notifications will be sent directly to applicants by the Chinese government.
You will be invited to write stories on your life and study experiences in China during your study. Selected stories will be published in the China Institute Newsletters and CSUN's Daily Sundial. This will contribute to the recognition of your achievements as well as publicizing the scholarship program to other CSUN students and graduates.
Upon your return from China, awardees will be expected to make a formal presentation to the campus on their experiences in China as part of the China Institute Lecture Series. Please contact Dr. Justine Su, Director of China Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information with this regard.
Application information: Dr. Marta Lopez at email@example.com.
Program information: Dr. Weimin Sun at Weimin.firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Justine Su at email@example.com.
Visit http://en.csc.edu.cn/ for general information
Read stories by CSUN CSC awards recipients in China Institute newsletters at http://www.csun.edu/china_institute/newsletters.html