You Should Know
Admission is provisional until all eligibility requirements and deadlines have been met, including enrollment and attendance in classes beyond the 20th day of instruction for the semester to which you were provisionally admitted. Read more at provisional admission.
|Required Actions||Spring 2017||Fall 2017|
|Last day for CSUN to receive SAT/ACT test scores||8/31/2016||2/1/2017|
|Earliest day for eligible first-time freshman academic advisement||11/1/2016||TBA|
|Last day for CSUN to receive $55 application fee or application fee waiver form if not already paid or requested||12/1/2016||12/15/2016|
|Last day to file Intent to Register in myNorthridge**||12/1/2016||5/1/2017|
|Last possible date to take the EPT/ELM placement tests**||Make arrangements on the ETS website||5/6/2017|
|Last day for CSUN to receive EPT/ELM placement test scores**||10/31/2016||Arrange for ETS to send scores to CSUN school code 4707.|
*If your application for admission was denied or your offer of provisional admission has been withdrawn, see Admission and Deadline Appeals.
**Your EPT/ELM test scores will be available on the date published on the ETS calendar website. When received by CSUN, your scores will display in myNorthridge Portal > My Checklist.
Read the "Enrollment Checklist" below for additional information about these important deadlines.
1. Submit your Intent to Register online for the semester of your admission no later than the dates listed below:
- Spring 2017: Thursday, December 1, 2016. If you are admitted after November 17, you will have 14 days from your admission date to file your Intent to Register.
- Fall 2017: Monday, May 1, 2017. If you are admitted after April 16, you will have 14 days from your admission date to file your Intent to Register. If you do not confirm your Intent to Register by the deadline, you cannot attend CSUN in the fall semester.
2. Take the EPT and/or ELM Tests as soon as possible and before you meet with your advisor to register for classes.
- To enroll in Spring 2017 classes, take EPT and/or ELM early enough for CSUN to receive your test scores no later than October 31, 2016. Read more at CSUN Testing Center EPT/ELM.
- To enroll in Fall 2017 classes, you must take EPT and/or ELM on or before the Saturday, May 6, 2017 test date unless you are exempt. Because of heavy demand and limited seating, you should sign up for the tests much earlier than the May deadline. Find earlier test dates, online registration, and exemptions on the CSUN Testing Center EPT/ELM pages.*
*For Fall 2017, your EPT/ELM scores determine whether or not you'll need to participate in the summer 2017 Early Start Program. Even if you are "conditionally exempt" from the EPT/ELM based on your EAP, SAT or ACT scores, you will need to enroll in Early Start. Please ask your advisor for assistance and check the CSU Smart Page.
3. Make an appointment with your academic advisor to set up your academic plan and enroll in classes (required for all freshmen).
- Prepare for your meeting with the advisement checklist for first-time freshmen.
- Make an advisement appointment by contacting one of the Student Services Centers/EOP Satellite advising centers.
4. Send us your final official transcripts including:
- Final official high school transcripts showing all items, grades, and high school graduation date
- Final official transcripts for any college courses you may have taken. If you are transferring course work from a California community college, please see the instructions for e-transcripts at eTranscript California.
Transcripts are due no later than the following dates for the semester of your admission:
—Spring 2017: Friday, January 13, 2017
—Fall 2017: Send by Friday, August 11, 2017
Send transcripts to:
CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
5. Send us your official test scores for any Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and/or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams you may have taken. Use the CSUN school code of 4707.
6. Learn about self-service registration with the Registration Guide and Registration Calendar. Become familiar with myNorthridge Portal to pay tuition and other fees, check financial aid status, view class and final exam schedule, check grades, print an unofficial transcript—and more. If you've moved, log in to update your mailing address. Read more at How To Guides for Students.
7. Apply for scholarships and/or financial aid. To be considered for aid, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon after January 1 as possible. CSUN’s Federal School Code is 001153.
8. Obtain your CSUN photo ID card (required). Pay online or in person; come in to have your photo taken and receive your card. Read more at Photo ID.
9. Attend mandatory New Student Freshman Orientation. CSUN is committed to your academic success. At orientation, you'll receive an introduction to the academic, social and cultural resources of the University as well as tips for student success.
10. Meet immunization requirements. If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, you must present proof of immunity to or immunization for measles and rubella during your first semester at CSUN. Immunity to or immunization for Hepatitis B is required for all entering students 18 or younger before you complete your second semester. These are not required for admission but are conditions of enrollment. Students enrolled in a California public middle or high school after July 1, 1999 will have satisfied these requirements. For details, see Immunization Requirements.
11. If you are a deaf or hard of hearing student, please contact CSUN's National Center on Deafness (NCOD) to complete the NCOD Supplemental Application for coordinated services.
We want to communicate with you! So please:
- Check your CSUN email often for the latest information.
- Take a moment to verify your paper mailing address in myNorthridge Portal. Learn how at Update Personal Information.
Best wishes for your first semester at Cal State Northridge.