You Should Know
Admission is provisional until all eligibility requirements and deadlines have been met, including enrollment and attendance in classes. If you do not enroll in classes and attend beyond the 20th day of instruction for the semester to which you were provisionally admitted, you will need to reapply for admission to the University in the next available semester.
|Required Actions||Fall 2014|
|Last day for CSUN to receive SAT/ACT test scores||2/3/2014|
|Earliest day for eligible first-time freshman academic advisement||4/8/2014|
|Last day to file Intent to Register in myNorthridge**||5/1/2014|
|Last day to take EPT/ELM placement tests**||5/3/2014|
*If your application for admission was denied or your offer of provisional admission has been withdrawn, see Admission and Deadline Appeals.
**Read the "Enrollment Checklist" below for additional information about these important deadlines.
- If you plan to attend CSUN in Fall 2014, submit your Intent to Register online no later than Thursday, May 1, 2014. If you are admitted after April 17, you will have 14 days from your admission date to file your Intent to Register. If you do not confirm your Intent to Register by the deadline, you cannot attend CSUN in the fall semester.
The Intent to Register link is located in "My Checklist" in the myNorthridge Portal. For help, see the How To Guide Freshmen and Transfer Students - Intent to Register. No deposit is charged to file Intent to Register at CSUN.
- Take the EPT and/or ELM Tests as soon as possible and before you register for classes. To enroll in the Fall 2014 semester, you must take EPT and/or ELM on or before the Saturday, May 3, 2014 test date unless you are exempt. Because of heavy demand and limited seating, you should sign up for the tests much earlier than the May deadline. Find earlier test dates, online registration, and exemptions on the CSUN Testing Center EPT/ELM pages.
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to set up your academic plan and register for classes (all freshmen must register with their advisor).
- Send us your final official transcripts by Friday, August 15, 2014 including:
- Final official high school transcripts showing all items, grades, and high school graduation date
- Final official transcripts for any college courses you may have taken
Send transcripts to:
CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
- Send us your official test scores for any Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and/or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams you may have taken. Use the CSUN school code of 4707.
- Learn about self-service registration with the Registration Guide and Registration Calendar. Become familiar with myNorthridge Portal to pay tuition and other fees, check financial aid status, view class and final exam schedule, check grades, print an unofficial transcript—and more. If you've moved, log in to update your mailing address. Read more at How To Guides for Students.
- Apply for scholarships and/or financial aid. To be considered for aid, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon after January 1 as possible. CSUN’s Federal School Code is 001153.
- Obtain your CSUN photo ID card (required). Pay online or in person; come in to have your photo taken and receive your card. Read more at Photo ID.
- Attend mandatory New Student Freshman Orientation. CSUN is committed to your academic success. At orientation, you'll receive an introduction to the academic, social and cultural resources of the University as well as tips for student success.
- Meet immunization requirements. If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, you must present proof of immunity to or immunization for measles and rubella during your first semester at CSUN. Immunity to or immunization for Hepatitis B is required for all entering students 18 or younger before you complete your second semester. These are not required for admission but are conditions of enrollment. Students enrolled in a California public middle or high school after July 1, 1999 will have satisfied these requirements. For detailed information, see Immunization Requirements.
Best wishes for your first semester at Cal State Northridge.