Application Filing Periods & Deadlines
Apply for admission to Cal State Northridge with the steps below. Have you already applied for a previous semester? You can forward your application without repaying the application fee. Read more at Forward Admission Application.
1. Two Initial Application Filing Periods – California State University, Northridge (CSUN) generally accepts applications during the following initial filing periods:
- FALL semester admission: October 1 - November 30.
- SPRING semester admission: August 1-31.
All applicants are encouraged to apply during the initial application filing period. Except for impacted majors and class-levels, CSUN will continue to accept applications after the initial filing period on a space-available basis. Applicants should check the application filing status for their class level on this page.
2. Impaction – If your major or class level is impacted, you must apply during the initial filing period.
3. Requirements – Review the Applicant Admission Criteria.
4. Special Groups –
- Prospective NCAA student athletes: Complete the CSUMentor application and then contact the CSUN sports program directly at Go Matadors.
- Veterans: For application deadlines and other information, visit veterans admissions and contact the CSUN Office of Veterans Affairs.
- Non-U.S. residents: Review CSUN's international student admissions criteria.
5. Select your class level from the list below to view application filing status – open or closed.