Applications will be reviewed in the months following the application deadline. Initial admission decisions will be based on the information you reported on your application, the transcripts that you submit, and the academic qualifications of the applicant pool. Your fall admission decision will be available in the CSUN Portal as early as mid-March and after. Spring decisions will be available in mid-October and after.
- Set up your CSUN Portal and CSUN email accounts.
- Locate the “Activate CSUN User ID and Password” email sent to you by our Office of Admissions after you submitted your application.
- Visit the CSUN reset password page and enter your birthdate and your CSUN user ID, 9-digit student ID number, or CSUN email address. Select the Next button.
- Once you select Next, an email or text message (your choice) with a temporary password will be sent to you.
- Go to the CSUN Portal login page.
- On the account authentication screen, enter your CSUN user ID and the temporary password you received by email or text message.
- Select Login.
- Check your admission status periodically using CSUN Portal and update your personal contact information.
- Check your CSUN email often as it's our primary form of communication with you throughout the admissions process. If you forward your CSUN Gmail to another account, be sure to keep your email address updated and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.