The California State University, Northridge Department of Police Services is proud to be one of the best accredited university law enforcement organizations in the country. We strive to be innovative and proactive in our approach to law enforcement and public safety services and to serve our constituencies with excellence in all that we do. We seek to maintain an organizational culture that is diverse, well trained, well equipped and capable of responding to today’s ever-changing environment.
The men and women of the California State University, Northridge Department of Police Services are dedicated to excellent police service through partnerships that reduce crime, create a safe environment, build trust and enhance the quality of life in our academic community. We are committed to delivering effective, responsive and professional service in a manner that fosters a sense of belonging for every student, all faculty and staff, and visitors to the campus.
- DIGNITY - We shall impartially enforce all laws, ordinances, rules and regulations, afford respect and dignity to all persons, and safeguard individual rights that are guaranteed by the Constitution.
- EXCELLENCE - We will constantly strive to achieve excellence in all that we do, whether it be policing, emergency and disaster response, parking and traffic services or general helping services for our community.
- INCLUSIVENESS - We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We pledge ourselves to maintaining an environment that respects the diverse traditions, heritages, experiences, perspectives, and campus communities for the common purpose of learning.
- INTEGRITY - We hold ourselves accountable to maintain the highest degree of integrity, to present a professional demeanor, to obey all laws, ordinances and regulations and to serve as role models to our community.
- PARTNERSHIPS - We believe that effective policing is accomplished by establishing a police/community partnership to identify problems and to engage in problem solving activities that reduce crime and the fear of crime.