Students & Departments: Requests should be made at least 5 business days in advance whenever possible.
If you decide to cancel your request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 business days (Monday - Friday) in advance.
CAS - Communication Access Services - is NCOD's online one-time event request system. If unable to access the system, you may email email@example.com or call (818) 677-2054.
What are Academic-related and non-academic related requests? Who makes the request?
Students/consumers make the request
Non-Academic Related Requests
Hosting departments make the request
NOTE: We will deny requests that are not made by the proper requester (student or department representative). We will explain why the request is denied in an automatic email notification.
EXCEPTIONS: Commencement ceremonies, Convocations, CSUN President press conferences/announcements, etc. will automatically be covered by communication services. No RSVP is necessary for these.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What is the difference between CAS and SAAS?
2. If it is academic-related, do I make the request?
Yes. See the table above for examples of academic-related requests.
3. For non-academic related requests, how do I (student) inform the department of my request?
When you see a flyer, website notification, or email notification for an event you wish to attend, contact the hosting department with your RSVP. Follow all the instructions on the flyer.
Include the following information in your RSVP:
- your name
- name of event
- date of event
- time that you will be attending the event
- type of services you need (interpreter or transcriber)
When should I make the request?
Requests should be made at least 5 business days in advance whenever possible.
I want to cancel my request. What do I do?
- Academic-Related request: Notify email@example.com or;
- Non-Academic Related request: Notify the respective department at least 2 business days (Monday - Friday) in advance.
For Departments Hosting Events
Please review the memorandum, New Procedure for Requesting NCOD Services for Events and Activities.
I am the hosting department and I want to make a request for an event or appointment. What are the steps to making a request?
Once the student sends their RSVP and makes a request for accommodations, follow the steps below:
- Prepare a requisition number through your accounting manager before completing your request.
- Fill out the New Event Request (under "Requests")
- Record the student's name in "Consumer Name."
- Submit your request. You will receive email communications from us.