Recommended Timeline of Marketing Core Requirements, CEPD & AMA Student Club
The first semester of your junior year:
- Take MKT 304 Introduction to Marketing Management.
- Immediately REGISTER ON HANDSHAKE to access the Nazarian College Career Education and Professional Development’s (CEPD) comprehensive career resources, including resume help, listings for internships and jobs, and invitations to important career and professional development events.
- Immediately join CSUN’s American Marketing Association (AMA) student club (optional, but encouraged).
The second semester of your junior year:
- Take MKT 346 Marketing Research.
- Take MKT 348 Consumer Behavior.
- APPLY FOR GRADUATION ASAP so you receive priority registration and essential emails and can register for classes reserved for graduating seniors.
- Immediately PLAN YOUR DEGREE, call 818.677.3537 and schedule an appointment with a Nazarian College advisor, and review your degree plan with your advisor.
- Immediately ATTEND AN INTERNSHIP ORIENTATION and start your internship search 4-6 months before you plan to take MKT 498A/B.
- APPLY FOR A MARKETING DEPARTMENT SCHOLARSHIP if you have a 3.0 GPA or higher in all coursework taken toward the degree, coursework taken at CSUN, and upper-division coursework required for the Marketing Option.
- Increase your involvement in CSUN’s American Marketing Association (AMA) student club (optional, but encouraged).
The first semester of your senior year:
1. FULFILL YOUR EXPERIENTIAL REQUIREMENT with MKT 498A/B Internship, or BUS 491CS Small Business Consulting (if you qualify).
- If you take MKT 346 or MKT 348 in the spring, fulfill your experiential requirement the subsequent summer or fall.
- If you take MKT 346 or MKT 348 in the fall, fulfill your internship the subsequent spring or summer.
- Your experiential requirement may be fulfilled with the BUS 491CS Small Business Consulting class if you have a 3.0 or higher GPA.
2. Begin looking for an internship 6-12 months before you plan to take the course. CEPD can provide guidance and support.
3. Stay involved in CSUN’s American Marketing Association (AMA) student club (optional, but encouraged).
The second semester of your senior year:
- Take your capstone business course (BUS 497A or B Strategic Management Seminar).
- Take your capstone Marketing course (MKT 449 Marketing Management Seminar).
- Focus on your job search for the entire second semester of your senior year.
- Stay involved in CSUN’s American Marketing Association (AMA) student club (optional, but encouraged).
During both your junior and senior years:
- Work closely with CEPD throughout your time at Nazarian College to maximize your professional readiness.
- We encourage you to be involved in CSUN’s American Marketing Association (AMA) student club.
- If you earned a “C-“ or lower in one of your courses and are concerned that you may not meet the required 2.0 minimum for total GPA, total CSUN GPA, and upper-division coursework in the major GPA at the time of graduation, then you may want to repeat a class. Except for MKT 304 for Marketing majors, any grade other than "F" is a passing grade in upper-division courses. For Marketing majors, you must earn a "C" or higher in MKT 304 to progress in the major.