Qualtrics is CSUN's enterprise survey administration tool that is available to faculty, staff, and students. Qualtrics is an intuitive web-based tool to conduct survey research, evaluations and other data collection activities, all from any online location, any time you need!
- A quick survey builder which guides the survey creation process
- A question library with survey templates
- Ability to send and track participation invitations and reminders
- Ability to display survey results, graphically and statistically
- Ability to export data to Excel or SPSS
Students, faculty and staff need to follow campus accessibility requirements. To ensure full ADA accessibility, certain features that were previously available within Qualtrics have been disabled. The remaining features have been tested and are accessible.
Security & Compliance
- Qualtrics maintains data security standards and is compliant with federal laws associated with the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA), Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Qualtrics is a web-based cloud-hosted tool. It is recommended that you export your data regularly for your own records.
- Learn more about Data Security.
- Please note the Acceptable Use Policies below, regarding the collection of Level 1 Confidential data.
Have a Question?
If you have questions, please contact the IT Help Center.
Acceptable Use Policies
California State University, Northridge has a Qualtrics license allowing faculty, staff and students to use Qualtrics for university-related business. Using Qualtrics for personal, commercial, other non-academic use or for the collection or use of Level 1 Confidential data is not allowed. Your survey/research may require approval by the Institutional Review Board (IRB). Before starting any survey please consult IRB’s website or IRB directly to determine if IRB approval is required.