MATADORS FORWARD, a new communication series that provides vital information and updates about the fall semester was launched July 27, 2021. You will receive regular updates via email, and updates will be posted on the MATADORS FORWARD website.
CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Interim Policy Released
On July 27, 2021, the California State University announced that it will require faculty, staff and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location to be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. You can access and read the full interim policy here.
Faculty, staff, and student employees will need to provide certification of full vaccination status, request a medical or religious exemption, or certify they are not physically coming to campus exemption as follows:
- MPPs, Confidentials, UAPD (Unit 1) and UAW (Unit 11) represented employees, and Student Assistants – no later than September 30, 2021
- CFA (Unit 3) and CSUEU (Units 2, 5, 7, 9) – no later than October 27, 2021
- Teamsters (Unit 6) - no later than November 26, 2021
- APC (Unit 4) and SUPA (Unit 8) - While the meet and confer process with our union partners is still in progress, we encourage employees to voluntarily complete the certification as soon as possible to allow you to opt out of the required CSUN weekly COVID-19 testing.
You may provide this self-certification or request an exemption through the myNorthridge Portal. Once logged into the portal, under the Policies and Procedures pagelet of the Faculty or Staff tab, select the EE Vaccine Self-Certification link and complete the form accordingly.
Learn how to obtain a copy of your COVID-19 Vaccination Records, here!*
Learn how to obtain the COVID-19 Vaccination for anyone aged 12 and older, here!
* If you were vaccinated outside of California and lost your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, please contact the provider of your vaccination, or the local county health department.
For more information on health & safety, visit: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/facultystaff-health-and-safety.