MATADORS FORWARD provides vital information and updates about the semester as well as current health and safety standards and requirements. Launched in July 2021, updates are regularly be posted on the MATADORS FORWARD website or emailed directly to faculty, staff, and students as appropriate.
CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Interim Policy
On July 27, 2021, the California State University announced that it will require faculty, staff and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location to be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. You can access and read the full interim policy here.
Faculty, staff, and student employees will need to provide certification of full vaccination status, request a medical or religious exemption, or certify they are not physically coming to campus exemption as follows:
- MPPs, Confidentials, UAPD (Unit 1) and UAW (Unit 11) represented employees, and Student Assistants – no later than September 30, 2021
- CFA (Unit 3) and CSUEU (Units 2, 5, 7, 9) – no later than October 27, 2021
- Teamsters (Unit 6) - no later than November 26, 2021
- APC (Unit 4) - no later than December 22, 2021
- SUPA (Unit 8) - no later than January 27, 2022
You may provide this self-certification or request an exemption through the myNorthridge Portal. Once logged into the portal, under the Policies and Procedures pagelet of the Faculty or Staff tab, select the EE Vaccine Self-Certification link and complete the form accordingly.
Additionally, as announced December 22, 2021, to be fully immunized against SARS-CoV-2 and in compliance with the university's COVID-19 vaccination policy, faculty, staff and students who are accessing university facilities or programs are required to receive a vaccine booster shot by February 28, 2022 or six months after an individual received the final dose of the original vaccination, whichever is later.
Learn how to obtain a copy of your COVID-19 Vaccination Records, here!*
Learn how to obtain the COVID-19 Vaccination for anyone aged 5 and older, here!
* If you were vaccinated outside of California and lost your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, please contact the provider of your vaccination, or the local county health department.
For more information on health & safety, visit: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/facultystaff-health-and-safety.