The Center on Disabilities (COD) sponsors national and international assistive technology training programs to expand the knowledge base of professionals and introduce newcomers to the disability field.
These programs aid participants in understanding the full impact of all forms of assistive technology and their potential areas of application. With more than 3,000 graduates to date, the Assistive Technology Applications Certificate Program (ATACP) is the largest assistive technology certificate program and offers 100 hours of a wide range of practical assistive technology applications and information.
California State University, Northridge – through the Tseng College – offers two master’s degrees in assistive technology. For more information, visit the Tseng College Assistive Technology Programs page.
Customized assistive technology training and workshops
The Center on Disabilities (COD) at CSUN offers customized training workshops developed to address specific training needs. COD contracted with businesses, schools and governmental agencies to deliver customized workshops or certificate programs. COD can tailor curriculum for any specific audience or focus.
If you have staff in your organization, partner groups or associations you collaborate with, we can present at your location and offer the ATACP curriculum or design a specific training, only for your group. COD can customize or focus the training within the ATACP curriculum.
These trainings can be delivered to you at a special group rate with a minimum of 30 participants.
The following organizations are a list of current and past contractors with COD.
- Tennessee Department of Education
- Clark County School District
- National Security Agency
- Los Angeles Unified School District
- Santa Clara County of Education
- Kansas Resource Center Independent Living, Inc.
- Puerto Rico Department of Rehabilitation
Subscribe to the Center on Disabilities Mailing List!
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- What information are you interested in?
- CSUN Assistive Technology Conference
- Trainings & Certificate Program
- Journal on Technology and Persons with Disabilities
- Call for General Session Proposals
- Call for Scientific & Research Papers
- Call for Pre-Conference Workshop Proposals