2019 Journal Draft
The draft of Volume 7 of the Journal on Technology & Persons with Disabilities is now available to download (PDF). Volume 7 of the Journal on Technology & Persons with Disabilities will be published post-conference by June 2019.
A Note from the 2019 Science/Research Program Chair
Welcome! For more than three decades the CSUN Assistive Technology Conference, also known as the CSUN AT Conference, has served to support the field of Assistive Technology and eAccessibility as a unique platform involving today more than 5,000 participants. It reflects, facilitates and contributes to the revolutionary developments for the inclusion of people with disabilities around the globe facilitated by the ICT and AT revolution and cross-fertilized by social, political, legal, cultural and economic changes.
We are proud of this outstanding role, which CSUN Assistive Technology Conference gained, and we are committed to fulfill its mission in contributing to a better quality of life of people with disabilities.
Looking back in history one recognizes that the roots of the CSUN AT Conference are in the scientific field. ICT for people with disabilities, AT and eAccessibility in many aspects has started in the laboratories of dedicated researchers and developers and CSUN became their meeting place from the mid 80ties onwards.
CSUN developed further and involves today all stakeholder groups as end users, practitioners, educators, administrators, AT solution providers and industry. CSUN is THE platform for ALL stakeholders in the value chain of ICT/AT/eAccessibility. The Science/Research Journal therefore invites the R&D community around the globe to be part of this unique community and stakeholder exchange. CSUN is the source for R&D ideas, for presentation, publication, exchange and discussion and to find partners for bringing R&D results into products and practice.
To meet with the interests of the scientific community, CSUN invites to submit high quality scientific papers to the CSUN Science/Research Journal subject to:
- Competitive selection (we aim at an acceptance rate of 40-50%) based on
- Rigorous review of each contribution by at least three outstanding and carefully selected experts forming the Scientific Committee
- Publication in the open access award-winning Journal on Technology and Persons with Disabilities, proceedings from the Scientific/Research Track of the Annual CSUN Assistive Technology Conference.
The prior volumes of the journal got more than 50,000 downloads what shows the considerable impact on the citation index of authors. So we hope you will use the CSUN Science/Research Journal for publishing your valuable work and getting involved in the unique CSUN AT Conference platform for exchange and cooperation of all stakeholder groups.
Call for Papers Information
The Call for Papers for the 2019 Journal on Technology & Persons with Disabilities and Science/Research Track of the 34th CSUN Assistive Technology Conference will open on Thursday, August 23, 2018. For information regarding Science/Research Journal Call for Papers for the, please visit the Journal Call for Papers page.
Official Journal and Conference Language
The official journal and conference language is English. Abstracts, presentations and final papers have to be written in proper English.
- Scientific/Research Journal Call for Papers
- Thursday, August 23, 2018 - Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 3:00 PM (PDT)
- Notification of acceptance
- Tuesday, October 23, 2018
- Speaker Registration
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 3:00 PM (PST)
- Late Speaker Registration
- Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 3:00 PM (PST) - Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 3:00 PM (PST)
- Final Manuscript Submission
- Thursday, December 6, 2018
- Conference Presentations
- Wednesday - Friday, March 13-15, 2019
- Publication of the CSUN Journal on Technology & Persons with Disabilities (planned)
- Spring, 2019
2019 Scientific/Research Committee
Journal & Scientific/Research Track Program Chair
- Klaus Miesenberger - University of Linz, AT
International Program Committee
- Dominique Archambault, Université Paris 8, France
- Weiqin Chen, Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences, Norway
- Linda Chmiliar, Athabasca University, USA
- Jenny Darzentas, University of Aegean, Greece
- Mojca Debeljak, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Frank DeRuyter, Duke University Medical Centre, USA
- E.A. Draffan, University of Southampton, UK
- Deboarh Fels, Ryerson University, Canada
- Donal Fitzpatrick, School of Computing, Dublin City University, Ireland
- Markuu Hakkinnen, Educational Testing Service, USA
- Ayanna Howard, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Matt Huenerfauth, Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
- James Jackson, Usability/Accessibly Research and Consulting, USA
- Makoto Kobayashi, Tsukuba University of Technology, Japan
- Georgios Kouroupetroglou, University of Athens, Greece
- Li Liu, California State University, Northridge, USA
- Roberto Manduchi, University of California, Santa Cruz, USA
- Karen McCall, Karlen Communications, USA
- Klaus Miesenberger, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
- Takahiro Miura, Institute of Gerontology, the University of Tokyo, Japan
- John Morris, Shepherd Center , USA
- Harry Murphy, California State University, Northridge, USA
- Michael Paciello, The Paciello Group, LLC , USA
- Helen Petrie, University of York, United Kingdom
- Enrico Pontelli, New Mexico State University, USA
- Dusan Simsik, University of Kosice, Slovakia
- David Sloan, The Paciello Group, LLC , USA
- Volker Sorge, University of Birmingham, UK
- Bernhard Stoeger, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
- Masakazu Suzuki, Kyushu University, Japan
- Gerhard Weber, Technische Universität Dresden, Germany
- Katsuhito Yamaguchi, Nihon University, Japan
- Yeliz Yesilada, Middle East Technical University Northern Cyprus Campus , Cyprus
Subscribe to the Center on Disabilities Mailing List!
If you experience an issue using the subscribe tool, please email us with your first name, last name, and email address. We will gladly submit the information on your behalf. You will need to follow the directions in the confirmation email to approve your addition to the mailing list.