With a completed profile in Handshake prior to services being rendered. Login to csun.edu/careerlink/handshake with your CSUN portal ID and Password – select the Go to Handshake button then select the blue California State University Northridge button. Fill out your career interest profile and get started.
No CSUN portal ID or @my.csun.edu email address, go to “No Account? Sign Up Here” complete a profile and request to join California State University Northridge. May take up to 48 hours to approve your account. For additional help email
Access to CareerLink’s Virtual Career Services and Employment Opportunities | csun.edu/careerlink
- Job and internship postings – Apply for jobs online!
- Self-guided career activities | career-ready skills tutorials
- Job search resources and techniques | LinkedIn tips
- How to guides for resumes and interviews | sample resumes
- Career profiles, salary information, trends
- Find employers by academic program – access to Buzzfile
- Alternatives after graduation + graduate school advice
- Self-knowledge and goal setting
- And much more…
Access to Career Events and Resources (campus parking fees not included)
- Job Fair Attendance
- Networking Activities
- Company Information Sessions
- Career Library Resources (materials not available for check-out)
- Resume reviews at scheduled resume critique days only (ResuMake-Over)
- Career Education Activities (workshops, webinars, panels, and career events)
- On-Campus Interviews (OCI) – must be a CSUN graduate. First priority to currently enrolled CSUN students. Not guaranteed an interview. Eligibility determined by employer.
*Registration enters your email address and profile information in the Career Center's database. We may send email notices to inform you of services, events, and membership renewal. The Career Center does not sell email addresses or personal information.
Who are Recent Graduates?
CSUN alumni who received their degree within the last year.
How Long Can I Access Recent Graduate Career Services?
- One year access to services during the first year after you receive your degree.
- The year begins in the month you receive your degree (typically May or December) and ends in the same month the following year.
- Access to in-person services ends one year after your degree was conferred regardless of when you began receiving those in-person services.
Career Services for Recent Graduates
Please note: During COVID-19, the campus is operational and ready to help you! Recent Graduates can access career advising and counseling through email, phone, and Zoom formats. In addition, you have access to Handshake, where you can find job listings and virtual employer events. CareerLink is your one-stop shop for career planning and job search resources, as well as specialized advice during COVID-19. Please email us at
with career-related questions and to schedule coaching sessions with the counselors.
- Career Planning & Research
- Career Education Workshops & Panels
- Job Fairs & Networking Events
- In-person Resume & Interview Preparation
- Career Advising and Counseling*
- Drop-in Career Advising (up to 5 sessions)
- Career Counseling (up to 3 sessions)
- On-Campus Interviews (priority given to currently enrolled students)
- Access Online Resources with your CSUN credentials:
- CareerLink’s virtual career services and employment opportunities at csun.edu/careerlink
- Access Handshake for job listings and networking events and job fairs at csun.edu/careerlink/handshake
*Please note: If your career or personal needs fall outside of the scope of our expertise, we reserve the right to end your counseling and advising processes and to make appropriate referrals.