• CSUN Spirit Flag

    CSUN Spirit Flag

  • 60th Reunion

    Celebrating 60 Years at Grand Reunion

  • Corp Connect Banner 1

    Connecting alumni to each other and to current students

  • CSUN fans in the stands

    Building Matador pride and spirit

  • 2018 DAA Banner

    Honoring and showcasing alumni of distinction

  • Commencement Banner

    Helping alumni achieve personal and professional success

  • CSUN president with alumni in China

    Engaging volunteers, leaders and advocates

  • Matador Statue Banner

    Strengthening resources and philanthropic support

Transcripts and Diplomas

If you are seeking to continue your education and need a copy of your transcripts, lost your diploma or are interested in taking additional classes toward a second degree or certificate, we can help. Employers looking to verify university attendance may also reference the links below.

Official Transcript Requests

The Office of Admissions and Records is the only department authorized to provide official university transcripts. Students and alumni may request these documents online, in person or by mail. Facsimile requests are not accepted.

Please visit the Admissions & Records Transcripts Page for Transcript Request Forms, fee schedules, and more information.


  • Please allow 5 - 10 days to process mail request for records after 1986.  Records prior to 1986 may take a little longer.  For faster service, order transcripts in person or online.
  • Official transcripts are issued in separate, sealed envelopes.
  • Only California State University, Northridge coursework will appear on the transcript. Coursework from other institutions must be ordered from those institutions.
  • In accordance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), your records will only be released to a third-party with your written consent.
  • All outstanding university financial obligations must be cleared and missing grades submitted before your transcript can be released.

Unofficial Transcript Requests

Currently registered Cal State Northridge students, as well as alumni with a myNorthridge account, may obtain unofficial transcript through your portal account.

Log into myNorthridge from the CSUN home page with your CSUN UserID and Password. On the home tab in the Quick Links box, select SOLAR Student Center and then click the Unofficial Transcript link.

If you have lost or forgotten your password, you may contact the IT Help Center at (818) 677-1400 or online.

If you do not have a myNorthridge portal account, you may request unofficial transcripts in person by visiting the Office of Admissions and Records in Bayramian Hall during regular business hours.

Duplicate Diploma Requests

If you lost your original diploma, you my request a new one in person or by mail from the Office of Admissions and Records. See sidebar for address. Once your request is processed, the new diploma mailed to your home.

Requests In Person
For faster service, duplicate diploma requests may be requested in person but they will not be available to you on the same day. Print the request form below and bring the form, your payment and a photo ID to the Office of Admissions and Records service center located in the first floor lobby of Bayramian Hall. The fee is $8 per copy. See sidebar for address.

Requests By Mail
Print the request form below. Enclose the form, a check or money order made payable to “CSUN” and mail to the Office of Admissions and Records. The fee is $8 per copy. See sidebar for address.

Link to Duplicate Diploma Request Form

Link to Undergraduate Degree Services Webpage


  • The university no longer prints diplomas from San Fernando Valley State College (SFVSC). If you graduated prior to 1972, your duplicate diploma will reflect the current name of the university, not the former.

Degree/Past Attendance Verification

Employers, background screening firms or individuals seeking to verify the degree or past attendance of a CSUN graduate, must contact the National Student Clearinghouse. The National Student Clearinghouse is the authorized agent for providing enrollment and degree verification on behalf of Cal State Northridge. The Alumni Association does not provide this service. The fee is $6.50 per request. Immediate degree verification can be provided online or requests can be submitted through the mail at:

The National Student Clearinghouse
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300, Herndon, VA 20171
Phone:(703) 742-4200