If you are seeking to continue your education and need a copy of your transcripts, lost your diploma or are interested in taking additional classes toward a second degree or certificate, we can help. Employers looking to verify university attendance may also reference the links below.
Transcripts and Diplomas
Official Transcript Requests
The Office of Admissions and Records is the only department authorized to provide official university transcripts. Students and alumni may request these documents online, in person or by mail. Facsimile requests are not accepted.
Please visit the Admissions & Records Transcripts Page for Transcript Request Forms, fee schedules, and more information.
- Official transcripts by mail are issued in separate, sealed envelopes.
- Only CSUN course work will appear on the transcript. Order course work from other schools by contacting those schools.
- In accordance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), your records will only be released to a third-party with your written consent.
- Official transcripts cannot be released until all missing grades are submitted.
Unofficial Transcript Requests
Currently registered Cal State Northridge students, as well as alumni with a myNorthridge account, may obtain unofficial transcript through your portal account.
Log into myNorthridge from the CSUN home page with your CSUN UserID and Password. On the home tab in the Quick Links box, select SOLAR Student Center and then click the Unofficial Transcript link.
If you have lost or forgotten your password, you may contact the IT Help Center at (818) 677-1400 or online.
If you do not have a myNorthridge portal account, you may request unofficial transcripts in person by visiting the Office of Admissions and Records in Bayramian Hall during regular business hours.
Duplicate Diploma Requests
If you lost your original diploma, you may request a new one by mail or in person from the Office of Admissions and Records. See sidebar for contact information. Once your request is processed, the new diploma will be mailed to the address you provide.
Requests In Person
For faster service, duplicate diploma requests may be requested in person but they will not be available to you on the same day. Print the request form below and bring the form, your payment and a photo ID to the Office of Admissions and Records service center located in the first floor lobby of Bayramian Hall. The fee is $8 per copy. See sidebar for address. Please note that service center hours are limited at this time.
Requests By Mail
Print the request form below. Enclose the form, a check or money order made payable to “CSUN” and mail to the Office of Admissions and Records. The fee is $8 per copy. See sidebar for address.
- Request Form for Duplicate Bachelor's Degree Diploma (PDF)
- Request for Duplicate Graduate Degree Diploma (PDF)
- The university no longer prints diplomas from San Fernando Valley State College (SFVSC). If you graduated prior to 1972, your duplicate diploma will reflect the current name of the university, not the former.
Degree/Past Attendance Verification
Students may need to verify their CSUN enrollment for external legal or business purposes. Employers might require enrollment verification when sponsoring students in an academic program or as proof of graduation for a job opportunity.
Full-time enrollment is defined below. Please note that students will receive credit only for courses in which they are officially enrolled.
- Undergraduate students who need to be considered full time must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units.
- Graduate students who need to be considered full time must be enrolled in a minimum of 8 units.
How to Verify Enrollment:
Students may verify their enrollment in CSUN courses and programs in three ways:
- To print an informal verification, log into myNorthridge Portal. On the Academics tab in the Chart My Academic Progress box, select the Request Proof of Enrollment link.
- To request an official document verifying enrollment, students should contact the Office of Admissions and Records or email firstname.lastname@example.org from their CSUN email account.
- Employers and other agencies should contact the National Student Clearinghouse.