CSUN provides official and unofficial transcripts. Learn how to obtain transcripts on this page.
Current and formerly enrolled CSUN students who have access to the CSUN Portal (formerly myNorthridge Portal) will find their unofficial transcript online. They are free of charge.
Navigation: Go to the CSUN Portal login page and sign in with your CSUN user ID and password. Then:
- On the CSUN Portal home screen under Top Tools, select the Student Center backpack icon link.
- From the Student Center landing page under Academics, select the Unofficial Transcript link.
Options and Fees
CSUN provides both paper and electronic options for official transcript ordering and delivery. Choose the option(s) you prefer.
CSUN students and alumni have 2 options for ordering official transcripts:
- Order online through our partnering vendor, Credential Solutions (soon to be Parchment):
- Alumni without CSUN Portal access: Order online at Credentials Solutions Transcript Order Service (no login required).
- Students and alumni with portal access: Ordering through the portal will auto-fill some fields from your student record and save time.
Helpful: Order Transcripts Online Guide
- See the fee schedule below. An additional $2.35 handling fee is charged by the vendor for each transcript ordered.
- After ordering online, check your Order Status.
- Order by mail using CSUN's Transcript Request Form (PDF).
Official transcripts are issued by the Office of the Registrar within 5 to 10 business days of receiving the student's written request. Any records prior to Spring 1986 may take longer. Please see the fee schedule below.
- E-Transcript delivery: When ordering online, you can ask for official CSUN transcripts to be sent to recipients in Portable Document Format (PDF). For recipient details, see Electronic Delivery FAQs (PDF).
- Expedited delivery: Online ordering delivery methods include domestic Federal Express to the 48 contiguous states. If the recipient's address is outside the United States, an international FedEx option will display.
- First Class mail via United States Postal Services (USPS): Stay up to date on USPS services impacted for domestic and international locations at USPS.com.
- Mail orders: To order one or more transcripts at the same time by mail, see the fee schedule table below.
- Online orders: Prices are the same as those listed below ONLY for the first 5 transcripts ordered together. An additional handling fee of $2.35 per transcript is charged by the vendor.
|Over 10 copies ordered at the same time||add $1.00 per additional copy over 10|
- Official transcripts by mail are issued in separate, sealed envelopes.
- Only CSUN course work will appear on the transcript. Order course work from other schools by contacting those schools.
- In accordance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), your records will only be released to a third-party with your written consent.
- Official transcripts cannot be released until all missing grades are submitted.