CSUN provides official and unofficial transcripts. Learn how to obtain transcripts on this page.
Starting Jan. 1, 2023, all orders for official paper and electronic transcripts, whether placed online or not, will cost $4 each even when ordering multiple copies at the same time. An additional $2.50 handling fee is charged by the vendor for each transcript ordered online.
Current CSUN students and alumni who have access to the CSUN Portal will find their unofficial transcript online. They are free of charge.
Navigation: Go to the CSUN Portal login page and sign in with your CSUN user ID and password. Then:
- On your portal home screen in the top navigation, select the Academics tab.
- In the Academics drop-down menu, select Advising & Degree Planning.
- On the Advising & Degree Planning page, select View Unofficial Transcripts.
Forgot your CSUN user ID or password? Visit CSUN Information Technology Account Information.
Formats, Options and Fees
CSUN provides both electronic and paper options for official transcripts, ordering and delivery.
- Electronic transcripts:
- Must be ordered online through our partnering vendor, Parchment Transcript Services.
- Will be delivered in Portable Document Format (PDF) to the schools or individuals you select.
- Paper transcripts:
- If the receiving school or individual cannot accept electronic transcripts, you can have Parchment deliver paper transcripts via Federal Express (FedEx) or the United States Postal Service (USPS).
- If you do not have Internet access, you may order paper transcripts in person or by mail directly from CSUN.
CSUN students and alumni have 3 options for ordering official transcripts:
- Order online through Parchment Transcript Services. You’ll create a Parchment learner account whether or not you have access to the CSUN Portal.
- To save time and auto-fill some form fields from your student record, create your Parchment account from inside the CSUN Portal.
- Visit How to Order Transcripts Online for steps and support to order with or without CSUN Portal access.
- See the fee schedule below. An additional $2.50 handling fee is charged by the vendor for each transcript ordered online.
- Order by mail from CSUN using the Transcript Request Form (PDF). Official transcripts are issued by the Office of the Registrar within 5 to 10 business days of receiving the student's written request. Any records prior to Spring 1986 may take longer.
- Order in person from CSUN Records and Registration in the Bayramian Hall Lobby Student Services Center.
The following delivery options are available through Parchment Transcript Services.
- E-transcript delivery: When ordering online, you can request official CSUN transcripts sent to recipients in Portable Document Format (PDF). E-transcripts are the fastest mode of delivery.
- Expedited delivery: Parchment can send paper transcripts ordered online via domestic Federal Express to the 48 contiguous states. If the recipient's address is outside the United States, the international FedEx option will display.
- First Class mail via United States Postal Services (USPS):
- Tracking for transcript orders sent by USPS standard First Class mail is not available.
- Stay up to date on USPS services impacted for domestic and international locations at USPS.com.
Transcripts ordered directly from CSUN are only sent via USPS standard first class mail.
For online order estimated delivery times, tracking options and more, visit the Parchment Learner Help Center.
Official CSUN transcript fees as of Jan. 1, 2023:
- Mail orders: $4.00 per transcript even when ordering multiple copies at the same time.
- Online orders: $4.00 per transcript. An additional handling fee of $2.50 per transcript is charged by the vendor.
|Fee Schedule starting January 1, 2023|
|Multiple copies ordered at the same time||$4.00 per transcript|
|Additional handling fee for online orders only||Add $2.50 per transcript ordered online.|
- Official transcripts by mail are issued in separate, sealed envelopes.
- Only CSUN course work will appear on the transcript. Order course work from other schools by contacting those schools.
- In accordance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), your records will only be released to a third-party with your written consent.
- Official transcripts cannot be released until all missing grades are submitted.