In keeping with the goal of New Student Orientation, we have designed this program to meet the needs of incoming new International Students through the following:
- Providing the opportunity for students to gain knowledge and information about campus resources and services.
- Informing students on how to achieve academic success.
- Encouraging interaction among current and new students to ensure a smooth transition.
- Connection and networking with college administration, faculty and staff.
- Informing students of involvement opportunities in a range of areas.
Register for New Student Orientation
Registration will begin in June. Please check your CSUN e-mail (e.g.
) for registration instructions as the orientation date approaches.
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
International Student Orientation (Transfer & Graduate Students)
Thursday, August 20, 2015
International Student Orientation (First Time Freshmen)
Check-In & Campus Tour
CSUN Resources and Services
Panel 1: Student Access and Support Services, Campus Safety, and Health Services (9:35 am)
Technology @ CSUN
Classrooms & Community
Steps to Academic Success
Lunch & Optional Tours
We look forward to seeing you at your New Student Orientation. Here are some essential tips and reminders:
- When you come to campus, be sure you are in the designated parking lot or structure that is on your parking pass. For directions and lot locations, see our campus map.
- If you will be driving to campus, we have made arrangements for you to park in Student Lot G3 which is located off Zelzah Ave. & Prairie St. Parking permits will be distributed at the parking kiosk once you turn onto campus from the Prairie St. entrance. Orientation leaders will be available at the Parking Lot that morning, for assistance should it be needed.
- Bring you class schedule to the orientation so that orientation leaders may help you map out your first few days on campus.
- Bring a CSUN student ID or another form of picture ID to check in to the program. A CSUN student ID is $5.00 dollars and available at Bayramian Hall - 1st Floor. The Cash Services windows will receive your payments and then instruct you on where to go to take your picture and pick up your new ID card.
Maps and Permits (Maps and permits will be able to download and print as the programming dates gets closer. Please check back this page around mid-August.)
Download the most recent International Student Orientation workshops: