DATE: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 -- FULL
*NSO FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS IS NOW CLOSED*
Below is an example of a typical schedule for New Student Orientation for Transfer Students.
Check-In (light breakfast provided)
USU Plaza Del Sol
USU Performance Hall
Steps to Academic Success
Campus Resources & Services – Virtual Tour
Q & A with NSO Leaders & Lunch
Northridge Center / Sierra Center
We look forward to seeing you at your New Student Orientation. Here are some essential tips and reminders:
- Parking If you will be driving to campus, we have made arrangements for you to park in Student Lot G3 which is located off Zelzah Ave. & Prairie St. Parking permits will be distributed at the parking kiosk once you turn onto campus from the Prairie St. entrance. Orientation leaders will be available at the Parking Lot that morning, for assistance should it be needed
- Check-In at 8:00 AM at the University Student Union. That location can be found on the general campus map which can be found by clicking here. Please have your photo ID.
- Meals Light refreshments (juice, water, coffee, and pastries) will be available in the morning, as well as a boxed lunch at the end of your orientation day.
- Contact the orientation staff at email@example.com or call us at (818) 677-4100 and ask to speak to someone regarding Transfer Orientation should you have any questions or concerns.
- Schedule of Classes – It may be helpful for you to bring your schedule of classes with you as you’ll have an opportunity to identify buildings with your Orientation leader.
- First time Transfer Student Checklist – To address general questions and concerns (not related to orientation) you can refer to the University's First Time Transfer Student Checklist.
Click here to review the 'First-Time Transfer Student Checklist'
The Office of Student Involvement and Development is in the process of updating this year's NSO handbook & other downloadable materials. For your convenience, last year's versions are available to you. Updated versions shall be made available after Transfer Orientation.
- Steps to Academic Success