Congratulations on securing your new faculty position at CSUN and welcome! This is an exciting moment and we are thrilled you selected CSUN as your career home. On behalf of the Office of Faculty Development, it is our unique honor to be the welcoming team that will help orient you to our vibrant CSUN community through a comprehensive suite of programming called New Faculty Foundations. New Faculty Orientation is one of four programs we offer to support faculty's early success at CSUN.
Each semester we host a formal orientation program for all newly hired tenure-track and lecturer faculty as part of our New Faculty Foundations programming. Our vision is that newly hired faculty who attend this orientation event will embrace the first day on the job with:
- The most critical information to effectively navigate the first weeks at CSUN;
- Clarity about resources and campus efforts to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Authentic connections and relationships with students, faculty, leaders, staff and essential campus partners;
- Increased confidence & wellbeing to kickstart your role as a CSUN faculty member;
- Affirmation of the multiple identities of our community in order to result with faculty belonging.
Tenure-Track New Faculty Orientation: Tuesday, August 15 to Friday, August 18, 2023
All newly hired tenure-track faculty starting their faculty appointment in 2023-2024 are invited to attend our in-person New Faculty Orientation to take place Tuesday August 15th through Friday August 18th (roughly 8:30am-4:30pm) on campus. Since this program does not lend itself to a hybrid/zoom mode, in-person attendance is required to engage. You should have received an email from Faculty Development with details on signing up for this event. In the meantime, you can now begin to explore resources in our New Faculty Handbook.
Lecturer New Faculty Orientation for Spring 2024: Thursday January 18, 2024
All newly hired lecturer faculty (aka, part-time, adjunct) starting their faculty appointment in Spring 2024 are invited to attend our one-day virtual New Faculty Orientation to take place Thursday January 18th, 2024 on Zoom (time TBA). Your department may have notified you about this event. In the meantime, you can now begin to explore resources in our New Faculty Handbook.