Department of Africana Studies Statement of Support: Black Lives Matter!
The Department of Africana Studies at California State University, Northridge, stand in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement, and demand that action be taken, so our community and city can work to dismantle the structures of racism that have threatened Black lives and wellbeing since this nation was first established. We condemn police brutality and the insidious murders of Black men and women. There are many police who operate as the enforcement wing of the system of white supremacy, a system that we must work to dismantle every day. We condemn racism and oppression in all its manifestations, including homophobia and transphobia. The terrorism of white supremacy and white privilege continues to compromise the health and safety of Black Americans and African people across the globe. The systematic assault on Black lives in America and in the world is an injustice that will not be tolerated and must be rooted out from the psyche and fabric of America.
Other CSUN Statements of Solidarity
- CSUN Asian American Studies Statement: Solidarity with the Movement for Black Lives & Condemnation of Mr. George Floyd's Murder
- The Department of Central American Studies Stands in Solidarity with Black Lives Matter
- CSUN Department of Chicana/o Studies Statement In Solidarity with Black Lives Matter!
- Department of English Actions on Systemic Racism
- Department of Linguistics/TESL's Statement of Solidarity with Black Lives Matter
- Religious Studies Statement of Solidarity with Black Lives Matter!
- Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies Statement of Support
- Queer Studies Statement of Solidarity with Black Lives Matter