Chemistry Safety

  • A student using an NMR instrument

    Chemistry Safety


Forms Required for Research Lab:

1) Waste Container Instruction and blank Labels

2) Self Safety Inspection of Research Laboratory - Inspection should be done twice a year at or near the beginning the the semester (i.e. Spring, Fall).

3) Weekly Satellite Accumulation Inspection (CSUN EH&S)

Forms Required to Report an Accident

1) Student Accident. All injuries, other than first aid, should be reported. If a student had an accident in either the instructional lab or the research lab, please fill out an Accident Report Form within 2 days and return the original form to the Dept. Safety Coordinator (necessary copies will be made and distributed).

2) Employee Accident. More complicated to fill out. Click on How to Report An Accident for instructions and forms.