Committee Charge and Structure
The University Planning and Budget Group (UPBG) will serve in an advisory capacity to the President by assisting with the development and prioritization of campus goals and advising on the allocation of resources.
As a starting point for developing and setting goals, UPBG will use the approved list of integrated campus goals and initiatives.
The UPBG will:
- Assist in developing long-and short-range plans to accomplish prioritized goals and initiatives;
- Consult on the status of ongoing campus goals and initiatives;
- Evaluate information, including key performance indicators, and use them in the development of the programmatic and resource priorities;
- Advise on communication plans regarding budget and planning;
- Review and comment on budgets prepared by University officers.
The UPBG's 15 members will be:
- Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs (chair) - Mary Beth Walker
- Vice President for Administration and Finance - Colin Donahue
- Vice President for Student Affairs - William Watkins
- Vice President for University Advancement - Nichole Ipach
- Vice President for Information Technology & Chief Information Officer - Ranjit Philip
- President of the Faculty - Michael Neubauer
- Chair of the Council of Chairs - Kenneth Luna
- Chair of the Educational Resources Committee - Greg Knotts
- Chair of Finance for Associated Students - Peter Radionov
- Senator of Associated Students designated by the AS President - Mayra Villafuerte
- Staff member designated by the President - Christina Azouz
- Five faculty members designated by the President of the Faculty - Kenneth Luna, Carol Shubin, Adam Swenson, Nate Thomas, and Theresa White
- Vice Provost Matthew Cahn will serve as committee staff support.