The Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures Department helps students select the program and courses that best satisfy their individual needs and interests.
Advisement for specific languages is handled by the language section heads as follows:
- Armenian: Dr. Vahram Shemmassian, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chinese: Dr. Junliang Huang, email@example.com
- Classics: Dr. Tim Watson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Japanese: Dr. Drake Langford, email@example.com
- Arabic, French, Hebrew, Italian, Korean, Persian, Russian: Adrián Pérez-Boluda, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish Majors/Minors: refer to specific faculty below according to the student's last name for general advisement and mentoring.
A-F: Svetlana Tyutina, email@example.com
G-M: Ane Icardo Isasa, firstname.lastname@example.org
N-T: Axel Montepeque: email@example.com
U-Z: Adrian Perez-Boluda: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spanish-Single Subject Matter: Adrian Perez-Boluda: email@example.com
Spanish M.A. candidates refer to Dr. Svetlana Tyutina, Graduate Program Advisor.
Svetlana Tyutina: firstname.lastname@example.org
The College of Humanities (COH) Student Services Center/EOP (SSC-EOP)
SSC-EOP reviews students’ progress to ensure that the requirements of a major or minor are fulfilled. Call (818) 677-4784 or (818) 677-4767 to schedule an appointment with the COH Student Services Center/EOP.