Kinesiology Academic Advisor
Phone: (818) 677-6310
Office location: RE 250A
The Kinesiology Academic Advisor is available for advising in the following situations:
- Athletic Training and Kinesiology freshmen
- Athletic Training and Kinesiology transfer students during their first semester
- Athletic Training and Kinesiology students on probation
- Questions about general education
- Prospective CSUN Athletic Training or Kinesiology students
Kinesiology Undergraduate Program Coordinator
Dr. Shane Stecyk
Office location: RE 283
The Kinesiology Undergraduate Program Coordinator is available for advising in the following situations:
- Kinesiology students without a declared option (except freshmen and first-semester transfers)
- AT or Kinesiology students who want information about and/or assistance with changing majors or options within Kinesiology
- Approval for non-option specific substitutions (e.g. prerequisite science and math, lower division core, and upper division core)
- Final approval and processing of option-specific substitutions (see option OR Athletic Training advisor first)
- Final approval and signature on graduation paperwork (see option OR Athletic Training advisor first)
- General academic advice, including questions about major course requirements and degree planning (see option OR Athletic Training advisor first)
Kinesiology Option & Athletic Training Advisors
Click here to view the list of advisors and click here for faculty's office hours.
The Kinesiology Option and Athletic Training Advisors** are available for advising in the following situations:
- General academic advice, including questions about major course requirements and degree planning
- Initial approval for option-specific substitutions
- Initial approval and signature on graduation paperwork
Avoid Learned Helplessness
There are many resources available to help you find answers to many of your questions. Please see the links below.
** General career and graduate school mentoring can be sought from any Kinesiology faculty member.
Fall 2020 MAG Sessions
MAG Sessions' Slides
Each major and option within the Department of Kinesiology has different advising policies and requirements. Please see the KIN advising policies or AT advising policies to determine your specific advising requirements.
All first-year freshmen should complete their advising requirement by attending a special freshman workshop led by the Kinesiology Academic Advisor, Sangita Dube.
Questions? Contact your assigned advisor.
The details for the 2020 MAG Sessions will be posted here soon. Please, follow us on Twitter to be notified when information is posted here.
All students must do the following*:
- Intent to register: Deadline is May 1st
- Title 9 training: Must be completed before registering for Fall Semester
* Both of these can be found on your "checklist" (CSUN Portal).
First Semester Freshmen (summer advising for the fall semester)
- All first-year freshman students must seek advisement through the Matador Advising Hub. Their phone number is 818-677-2900. Please call them to schedule an appointment. Their website is https://www.csun.edu/thehub
First Semester Transfer Students (summer advising for the fall semester)
READ THIS FIRST!!!
Until further notice, ALL CSUN students will need to apply for graduation online. Please, visit the link below to learn how to apply for graduation online. We strongly recommend that you still complete the following before applying online:
- Download the Degree Road Map for your option;
- Download and complete the graduation evaluation form (refer to the links below);
- Meet with your advisor so they can answer any questions you may have and to confirm or provide feedback on your course selections;
- Link to admissions online application.
Students should apply for graduation after they have completed 90 units (including work-in-progress). Students who have applied for graduation will have priority registration during their final semester at CSUN.
If your application is late, a $10 late fee will be assessed. Applying late may also prevent you from receiving graduating senior priority registration during your last semester. If you do not get priority registration for your last semester, the Department of Kinesiology cannot guarantee your enrollment in the courses you need to graduate on time.
Please refer to the Kinesiology Graduation Application Process form below for detailed application instructions specific to the Department of Kinesiology.
Graduation Application Process and Instructions [click here to download form]
Go to the link below for more information about planning for graduation.
GRADUATION EVALUATION FORMS
- Athletic Training
- Applied Fitness
- Exercise Science
- General Studies
- Physical Education
- Sport Studies
KIN Major Requirements Form
ATT Major Requirements Form
** Are you looking for information about 'change of major/option? Click here to learn more...