Thank you for visiting the College of Engineering and Computer Science, Student Services & EOP Satellite (CECS SSC/EOP). This office is working remotely to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
Attention: New Fall 2021 Student Advisement Information
Which students do we Advise?
The CECS SSC/EOP Center advises Engineering and Computer Science students who fall under the following categories:
- 2nd Semester Freshman with 30 or more units referred by the HUB
- 3rd Semester Freshmen (fall 2020 admits - HUB Transitioned Students)
- Continuing Student with 59 or less units in good standing
- EOP Student from point of entry as First Time Freshman or First Time Transfer through graduation regardless of academic standing or units earned
- Probation Student regardless of units earned
- Disqualified Student (students must attend a general workshop conducted by the CECS SSC/EOP team before meeting with major department.)
- First Time Transfer*
If you are required to be advised by the SSC/EOP Center, you will receive an advisement invitation via your CSUN email account. Appointments are being made based on registration date. Please WAIT for the email invitation before contacting the Center.
*First Time Transfers are highly recommended to be advised, but not required. Students will be invited to attend a General Workshop Session on Advisement and Major Information. Invitations will start going out in Mid-May. Please WAIT for invitation BEFORE contacting the Center.
Attention Continuing Juniors and Seniors in Good Standing!!!!!!
Continuing Juniors and Seniors in good standing DO NOT meet with our Center.
Juniors and Seniors in good standing will NOT have an advisement registration hold (unless part of CA Promise or 1440). It is recommended that students use their Degree Progress Report (DPR), Degree Road Maps, Major Web and Catalog Information to plan course enrollment. If students need advisement assistance, they could contact their major department – See contact information below:
Civil Engineering and Construction Management: (818) 677-2166
Computer Science: Phone: 818-677-3398
Electrical & Computer Engineering: Phone: (818) 677-2190
Manufacturing Systems Engineering & Management: Phone: (818) 677-2167
Mechanical Engineering: Phone: (818) 677-2187