Strength United is honored to be an important part of making the world a safer place for all. Our work prevents sexual and domestic violence and provides healing and support for those who have survived such violence. We aim to take a traumatic event in an individual or family’s life and turn it into a point of strength.
Our strength comes from you. As a non-profit agency, we are dependent on grants, volunteers, corporate support and individual donations to do this vital work, which touched 15,000 people last year. With a donation, you unite with us in this effort and enable us to help even more people.
Contributions of all levels are appreciated. No amount is too small to make a difference.
Your contribution of
- $25 purchases art supplies for play therapy sessions for a child victim of sexual assault.
- $50 pays for an accompaniment from the center’s 24/7 Abuse Response Team.
- $125 provides a night of emergency transitional shelter for a family fleeing domestic violence.
- $500 dollars sends a sexually abused child to summer camp for a week.
- $1000 funds 8 weeks of parent education and support programming for a family who has recently adopted a previously maltreated child.
To learn more about how you or your company can partner with Strength United, contact Gail Hynick, Outreach and Engagement Officer.