The Family Justice Center is a unique, public-private partnership that links various agencies responsible for responding to child abuse and domestic and sexual violence. The center is one of 80 Family Justice Centers in the country and the only one in Los Angeles County. It is a member of the National Family Justice Center Alliance, a rapidly growing movement across America that delivers efficient, effective, co-located, multidisciplinary services and is recognized as a best practice model by the U.S. Department of Justice in combating family violence.
Similar to the support structure of other national centers, the Family Justice Center’s onsite partners include:
- Strength United counseling and advocacy staff and volunteers
- Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) major assault crimes detectives
- Los Angeles City attorneys
- Dignity Health Northridge Hospital Center for Assault Treatment Services (CATS) forensic nurse examiners
- Neighborhood Legal Services
- Jewish Family Services’ Family Violence Project shelter-based advocates
Unlike any other family justice center, this center operates through a university. The center’s unique partnership with California State University, Northridge’s Michael D. Eisner College of Education provides an interdisciplinary approach to ending abuse and violence through collaboration of mental health professionals, educators, researchers, students and volunteers.
The Family Justice Center is located at
14651 Oxnard Street
Van Nuys, CA 91411
Individuals and loved ones affected by child maltreatment and domestic and sexual violence can learn more by contacting our 24-Hour Support and Referral Line:
For those in immediate danger, call 911