Development of Personal Websites Using Google Sites
Build a personal website using Google Sites. This site will be listed on the class wiki and will serve as the portal to all of the work in the course and your masters degree program at CSUN.
(1) Personal Information
- Home Page.
- Your home page (landing page) for your personal and academic website should be informative and attractive. The following information should be on the home page or accessed from it. Organize all pages under appropriate headers in the sidebar menu.
- Create a website that is 1000px wide using a template of your choice
- Include a unique banner for your website that includes your name.
- Write a paragraph describing colleges attended (with links to college websites), degrees earned, specializations and interests.
- Work Experience
- Write a paragraph describing the jobs you have held, courses you have taught, and professional responsibilities you have fulfilled.
- Educational Philosophy
- Include a statement of your personal educational philosophy.
- Hobbies & Interests
- What do you do outside of your job that may help students relate to you as an individual?
- Include photos relevant to your interests, hobbies, etc. Construct one or more albums of photographs you have taken that are relevant to your hobbies or interests.
- Photographs of you
- Include photograph of yourself in which you have used chromakeying to place yourself in a new scene. Place this photograph in the upper left or right corner of your home page so that text flows around it.
- Other relevant information
(2) Academic Information
- Links to all Masters Degree Coursework. These pages should include notes, assignments, papers, important links, and other resources related to the courses you are completing as part of your graduate program at CSUN.
- SED 618: Educational Multimedia
- SED 619: Educational Website Development
- SED 600: Research Methods for Ed Technology
- Elective (SED 646) Computers in Math and Science
- SED 690: Special Topics in Ed Technology
- Elective (SED 671) Designing Instructional Materials
- SED 610: Seminar on Secondary Education
- SED 697: Preparation for the MA