Earth & Space Science
The Sourcebook for Teaching Science
This book provides science educators with a comprehensive selection of innovative tools, activities, and high-quality instructional resources for enlivening lessons across the science disciplines. It features over 300 classroom-ready activities ranging from word-based problem-solving exercises to hands-on laboratory experiments and includes examples drawn from biology, physics, chemistry, and the geosciences, all linked to National Science Education Standards. The chapter titles and related resources may be found in the column on the right.
Fields of Study
- Geology - The Earth, earthquakes, volcanoes, hydrology...
- Astronomy - The Solar System, Earth, Moon, deep space...
- Meteorology - Atmosphere, weather, climate...
- Oceanography - Tides, currents, marine geology, aquariums...
Earth and Space Science Laboratory
- Laboratory Safety - Laboratory safety for the physics classroom.
- Supply Companies and Suppliers - Order physics equipment online.
- Equipping the Earth Science Laboratory - Strategies for developing your lab.
- Simulated Experiments - Animations, simulations, movies
- Probeware - Instrumentation for collecting data on a computer
- GPS activities
- Lesson Plan Ideas - Catalogs of earth science lesson plans.
- Lesson Planning - Ideas for developing semester plans
- Science Museums - Science museums with earth and space science exhibits.
- Science Shows - Science shows that illustrate earth and space science concepts.
- Professional Organizations - Organizations for earth and space science teachers.
- Science Games - Games to enhance the earth and space science classroom
- Earth & Space Science News - Late-breaking news in the fields of earth and space science
- Los Angeles area resources - Resources for teachers in Southern California
Earth and Space Science Curriculum - Planning
- Advanced Placement Environmental Science - Sponsored by the College Board.
- Curriculum Standards - Curriculum standards for California and other states.
- Science Projects - Get ideas for science project
- USGS Teaching Resources Teaching Resources for Cartography and Geography