Our goal is to provide a high-quality educational environment by equipping students with the skills to meet the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate an ability to evaluate and analyze the political, social-historical and cultural perspectives of African and African Diaspora communities.
- Demonstrate through written and oral communication the ability to critically analyze the cultural, political and historical contexts of African and African Diaspora experiences.
- Demonstrate culturally appropriate skills in research design and methodology used to examine the various dynamics of African and African Diaspora communities.
- Demonstrate applicable knowledge of requisite skills in Africana Studies through civic and community engagement.
- Demonstrate cultural competencies in the development of creative writing, the production of creative works, and/or critical analysis of work by African and Diaspora communities.