On September 21st, CSUN will launch the 2nd annual DataJam with the theme: RESILIENT LA!
The City of Los Angeles was selected as an inaugural member of the 100 Resilient Cities Network in 2013. This global network, pioneered by the Rockefeller Foundation, helps member cities around the world become more resilient to the physical, social, and economic challenges of the 21st century. Read the mayor's strategic plan for a Resilient LA here. Please RSVP for Launch Day here.
In DataJam 2018, students will discover the scope of resilience based on these topics:
1) Health & Wellbeing (social/health equity)
2) Economy (industry, business, finance)
3) Infrastructure - Planning & Development (urban development, land use, mapping)
4) Infrastructure - Critical Services (transportation, water, energy, communications)
5) Environment (biology, ecology, climate change)
6) Disaster (prep, recovery, public safety, risk assessment)
Open to all CSUN students, teams across disciplines will manipulate, analyze, and visualize data in response to challenges faced by the LA region. Teams will present their solutions in competition on October 12th.