We are very pleased to announce the teams who earned top honors at CSUN DataJam 2017!
Best Use of Statistical Analysis: Data Busters
Antranik Kirakosian / Jose Sotelo / Rebecca Esquenazi / Ryan LaSalle-Castro / Paul Choi
Best Use of Predictive Modeling: The Aliens
Norman Chemla / Daniel Perez / Juan Xing / John Darian
Best Use of External Data: Abnormal Distributions
Matthew Leitao / Kirsten Reyna / Daniel Larranaga / Raana Manavi / Jasmine Awad
Best Use of Reproducible Research: The Infinite Limits
Jeffrey Limbacher / Evan Habbershaw / Robert Cholvin
Judges Choice - TIE: Abnormal Distributions and The Aliens
Congratulations to all of our DataJam participants for a job well done!!!
In case you were unable to attend the workshop on October 6th, 2017, we have provided the link to Professor Wayne Smith's presentation, "Introduction to Data Science."
Many thanks to our DataJam 2017 Committee!
- Andrew Ainsworth (Psychology, CARE)
- Elizabeth Altman (Oviatt Library)
- Ravi Abrol (Chemistry/Biochemistry)
- Meeta Banerjee (Psychology)
- Julie Coveney (CARE)
- Jocelyn Dugan (student assistant, graduated)
- Steve Fitzgerald (META+LAB)
- Helen Heinrich (Information Technology)
- Sherrie Hixon (Research & Graduate Studies)
- Charissa Jefferson (Oviatt Library)
- Crist Khachikian (Research & Graduate Studies)
- Megha Patel (Research & Graduate Studies)
- Erika Reyes (Research & Graduate Studies)
- Seyed Sajjadi (student)
- Wayne Smith (Management)
- Andrew Weiss (Oviatt Library)
- Jeffrey Wiegley (Computer Science)
- Deone Zell (Information Technology)