We are excited that you are considering becoming a CSUN Matador! You’ve started an important journey with us and we can help pave the way for you to join our vibrant university community. Graduate students include those pursuing a credential, master's, or doctoral degree. As a graduate student, you'll find the steps below helpful to guide you down this path. If you have questions along the way, you can always contact us at (818) 677-5928 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veterans - Please follow the steps listed below:
- Check your graduate program status to determine if your program of interest is currently accepting applications. For individual program filing requirements and deadlines, find and contact the department of interest at Graduate Programs. Please note: MANY DEPARTMENTS REQUIRE A SEPARATE DEPARTMENTAL APPLICATION in addition to the Cal State Apply university application.
- Contact our CSUN Veterans Affairs office at (818) 677-5928 or email@example.com with any questions regarding your VA benefits and veteran’s status.
- Submit DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty and the Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Even if you do not plan to claim veterans education benefits, you can upload DD Form 214 in order to qualify for priority registration. To upload the documents that certify your eligibility for VA education benefits through myNorthridge Portal, see the guide Veterans Educational Benefits Certification.
- Request your Joint Services Transcripts/Community College of the Air Force.
- To apply for admission, go to Cal State Apply and select "Teaching Credential" or "Graduate." You will be required to pay the $70 application fee before you can submit your application.
- Submit all official college transcripts. If you have attended a California community college, please see eTranscript California.